Author Topic: August 2019 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 8951 times)

Re: August 2019 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2019, 08:27:12 am »
Goodwill trip netted me

Wii
The Sims 3

DS
Brain Age

But, something nice I've found at this store, if I run across empty cases they let me keep them, so now I've several extra DVD cases, 2 DS cases, a PSP case and PS4 greatest hits case.

tripredacus

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2019, 10:16:24 am »
But, something nice I've found at this store, if I run across empty cases they let me keep them, so now I've several extra DVD cases, 2 DS cases, a PSP case and PS4 greatest hits case.

Haven't had such luck. In my experience, if they know it is empty, they will throw it out. Even if I try to buy it as empty. So now I will just not inform them that it is empty and say I have checked everything, in the off-chance that I can actually buy it.

Last time I tried to buy an empty box that the cashier wouldn't let me buy (actually threw it in the garbage next to the register) was Dungeon Keeper for PC. :(

sworddude

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2019, 01:27:58 pm »

Haven't had such luck. In my experience, if they know it is empty, they will throw it out. Even if I try to buy it as empty. So now I will just not inform them that it is empty and say I have checked everything, in the off-chance that I can actually buy it.

Last time I tried to buy an empty box that the cashier wouldn't let me buy (actually threw it in the garbage next to the register) was Dungeon Keeper for PC. :(

That's interesting in the cases that i attempted to buy and offer cash for a lose box of something They refuse to accept money and give it for me for free since either the game was missing or damaged depends on the store and person i guess.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 02:47:57 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2019, 03:30:00 pm »
Yeah, it's definitely hit or miss.  I've heard "We can't give it away, I can charge you $1." I've also had them say $0.09.  I've had them say take it.  I've had them claim that they can't and that they need to keep the empty case to prove it was stolen.

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2019, 04:51:17 pm »
Great deals on the Switch eShop right now!

Transistor $4
Bastion $3
Superbeat: Xonic $0.89

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2019, 11:57:06 pm »
I've been really bad at documenting my pickups these last few months, but I had to share these.  Went outside my normal hunting spots and drove to some game and thrift shops way outside of the city.  And I sure did score.  I found this game store that way underpriced a ton of good stuff, they even had a CIB jaguar game mislabled as a genesis game.  I don't know if that is more funny or just sad.  I also got a bunch of easy flips that I can trade at the upcoming expo in October. 

Some of the games I grabbed had been sitting on the shelf or in drawers for more than 5 years.  Unfortunately one store wouldn't honor the old prices on most of the 3DO stock I was interested in, and didn't use the rather low pricecharting figures either.  I still was able to make a fair deal for some,  but I wanted a lot more for a lot cheaper haha. 

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2019, 02:56:06 am »
https://twitter.com/The_Vivi_Gamer/status/1164792872010305536?s=20
Mostly been working on getting backwards compatble 360 titles. Also snagged some mint PSP games at chairty store the other day :) Dreamfall & Resident Evil Survivor are probably the 2 I went out of my way to get.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 02:59:13 am by vivigamer »

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2019, 11:00:04 am »
Picked up some 3.75 inch Street Fighter II/Mortal Kombat figures along with some G.I. Joe and marvel figures for 6$
Namco PS2 light gun 1$
Showtime Boxing Wii cib 1$

sworddude

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2019, 11:50:06 am »
Not to many adds but as far as retro stuff goes not to much that I still need

castlevania N64 Guide 15 euro's shipped

snes games 50 euro loss or less

cib in nice shape

metal combat
illusion of time + map
clown crazy chase

free random deals

double dragon game gear cib

2 empty boxes from a very strange deal

yoshi cookie gameboy
goof troop snes

there was this add listed some days old already barely any views but it was added to favourites 2 times so probably some interested people more than 2 at least since you can remove that option if you want.

also the display was fully filled with your common titles super mario worls super mario land kirby''s adventure etc etc and the two titles listed above. probably a collector i thought.

Made a joker offer of 30ish euro's since it barely had any views and the guy accepted   :o

probably a scam i thought since people even added it as favourites but he did give me the extra pics and the game boxes that where inside had the correct region code from my country wich i could see from a distance and seeing as those titles where best sellers it could just be a guy who worked at a gamestore back in the day so i gambled a bit nothing to loose

so yea this beauty with the original keys arrived. few days later I looked back at the removed ad and saw in what category it was listed

Farmers equipment   ;D

The 2 favourites where probably just regular people who saw this and where brought back to memory lane. but just for nostalgia sake not interested in having it.

The boxes wich I already had where in good shape and while common they were of good titles so i easily make my money back all in all a very strange deal

Your Stylish Sword Master!

theflea

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2019, 04:39:18 am »
Another couple weeks of goodies added into my collection.

SWITCH
- Lumines Remastered
- Rive Ultimate Edition
- Aegis Defenders
- Omega Labyrinth Life

XBone
- Battlefield Hardline (on clearance for $9)

PS4
- Doom VFR (on clearance for $10)
- Quar: Infernal Machines
- The Wizards
- Lumines Remastered
- Pix the Cat
- Aegis Defenders
- Battle Garegga
- Jak 3
- Jak 3 - Collector's Edition
- Reveria (found this at my local used game store)
- Shadow of Loot Box

VITA
- Pix the Cat

PS3
- Black Ops III (it was brand new on clearance for $10)

XB360
FIFA 17 (on clearance for 7.50)
Just Dance 2016 (on clearance for $10)

Wii
- Gummy Bears Magical Medallion

NDS
- Battle of Giants: Dragons

XB
- Superman: The Man of Steel

PS1
- Grand Theft Auto - Collector's Edition

PICO
A friend who's going for a complete PICO collection got some extras and gave these to me.
- The Lion King: Adventures of Pride Rock (CIB)
- Crayola
- Magic Crayon
- Adventures in Letterland
- Tales and the Music Maker
- Pepe's Puzzles

SNES
- Romance of the Three Kingdoms III

GEN
- Home Alone II

GB
My local used game store got both of these in for a good price.
- Sword of Hope
- Sword of Hope II

« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 04:40:50 am by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2019, 10:20:49 am »
Got myself two games and a much needed accessory over my birthday weekend:

PS4
Tetris Effect

Switch
Sega Genesis Classics
Bluetooth Adapter for Headphones

Flashback2012

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2019, 06:51:46 pm »

I'm rather surprised there isn't a CE version of Battle Garegga in that picture. Also, where does that "Shadow of Loot Box" come from? There's so many LRG=clones out there now it's hard to keep track of them all.  :P

theflea

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2019, 08:13:04 pm »

I'm rather surprised there isn't a CE version of Battle Garegga in that picture. Also, where does that "Shadow of Loot Box" come from? There's so many LRG=clones out there now it's hard to keep track of them all.  :P

I've been cutting back on buying every CE LRG puts out. $300 a week hurts.
Shadow of Loot Box comes from Play Asia.
"Happy game hunting!!!"

Flashback2012

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2019, 08:39:25 pm »

I've been cutting back on buying every CE LRG puts out. $300 a week hurts.
Shadow of Loot Box comes from Play Asia.

Oh I hear you loud and clear. I splurged on the CE for Battle Garegga but have gone regular edition on just about everything else. Play Asia inundates my inbox with spam so I've started ignoring the responses. Thanks for the information though.  ;)