Author Topic: Barcode not found  (Read 41770 times)

Barcode not found
« on: August 03, 2019, 06:59:05 pm »
steps
Scan a barcode
Observe the correct number displayed at the bottom of the screen
"Barcode not found" is displayed in pop up
Search web site
Find game, with the correct barcode already stored

Seems to be particular games, e.g. no matter how many times I scan my EU Sonic 1, it never finds it. I pick up NHL 94 and it's fine. It's not just sonic, seems to be about 50% of the games I'm scanning.

Is this open source? Have coding skills, and willing to help :)

fazerco

PRO Supporter

Re: Barcode not found
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 07:15:10 am »
A case of the wrong site..... again?

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2019, 07:33:56 am »

I'm not sure I follow?

aliensstudios

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2019, 11:20:12 am »
The VGCollect mobile app has a barcode scanner, it's not the wrong site, it's just a matter of the feature they want to use being broken or not working properly.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2019, 12:13:51 pm »
Then is the question, do those games have a barcode? Cause alot of games dont have the barcode filled in on the site.

https://vgcollect.com/item/50843 This one is missing alot, but you can fill this if you want. No coding needed.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 12:17:57 pm by fazerco »

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2019, 02:49:53 pm »
Yeah I checked that, and found the ones I was having trouble with did have their barcode numbers entered. I'm guessing you picked Age of Empires from my list, I added that one manually a while ago. It's packed away atm but I need to go through the DS games again so I'll back fill it then :)

I also found an older thread in here of someone with the same problem, but no resolution.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 02:52:45 pm by curlypaul »

tripredacus

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2019, 10:23:48 am »
Barcode searching was implented on the site also. You can just put a barcode into the search field. BUT it doesn't always work. I had a thought that it only works in either certain categories OR on only certain lengths.