Author Topic: Ducktales Remastered Is being taken off Digital Stores!  (Read 8211 times)

Ducktales Remastered Is being taken off Digital Stores!
« on: August 07, 2019, 07:04:24 am »
Out of nowhere guys, seems it will be offline from 9th August (Friday!) I imagine physical version - Which I think is only the PAL version (?), will sky rocket after this, so if you had any interest in getting it, now would be the time!:
https://uk.ign.com/articles/2019/08/07/ducktales-remastered-being-pulled-from-digital-storefronts-this-week

Side note, I know years back it was also Free on PS+ So worth checking!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 07:09:01 am by vivigamer »

Re: Ducktales Remastered Is being taken off Digital Stores!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2019, 07:16:16 am »
I saw this, too!  It's cheap as hell and a pretty good game all around, so if you have even the smallest amount of interest you should pick it up.

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2019, 07:33:13 am »
Thanks for the heads-up! This is not the first, and will not be the last digital version of a game to be removed so always insist on a playable (right out of the box), physical version whenever possible or look for legal DRM-free versions whenever possible. Many game storefronts, publishers and developers do not share the same vision and views as game collectors and preservationists, so when things like this happen, games could potentially disappear into the void forever. Even mobile titles released on iOS and the Google Play Store are not immune to this, which is quite unfortunate as titles on those platforms are normally digital only. For a classic example of this problem, look no further that P.T, a game by Kojima Productions released on the Playstation Network for a very brief period of time only.

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2019, 08:15:56 am »
Oh it is very concerning, this time next year there will be so many people yearning to play it I bet! I have the PS3 version on disc, but I'm also going to download the 360 version tonight as that version is backwards compatible with Xbox One!

It's also why heavily support HD Remasters/Ports, the Resident Evil ports on PS4 are a prime example of how to do it right, so I can't bash Capcom over this.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 08:17:35 am by vivigamer »

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2019, 10:11:58 am »
I just bought a physical copy of the Wii U version from my local game store, The Exchange.

doafan

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2019, 01:49:19 pm »
Sorry for the dumb question but what will happen if I own the digital version and for some reason I deleted it from hy HDD, can I be able to download it again ?  :-\

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

Flashback2012

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2019, 02:56:23 pm »
Sorry for the dumb question but what will happen if I own the digital version and for some reason I deleted it from hy HDD, can I be able to download it again ?  :-\

Unsure on that to be honest. I'd initially say no because it wouldn't be listed for you to select but I don't have enough experience to give you a wholly correct answer.

I have the physical release on WiiU but this has me considering looking for the XB360 and PS3 versions this weekend. I'm betting there's a license issue and they either don't want to pony up or there was a statute of time that passed where they lost access to the IP.

Regardless, nonsense like this is what turns me off to the idea of an all digital future for gaming.  :P

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2019, 04:43:25 pm »
Regardless, nonsense like this is what turns me off to the idea of an all digital future for gaming.  :P

Things like this can happen when a company loses licensing rights. The same thing happened to one of WayForward's other games, Wonder Momo: Typhoon Booster, a sequel based on the old Namco game. That game was only released digitally, and was de-listed everywhere a few years ago. Now it's essentially non-existent.

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2019, 04:46:50 pm »
This is kinda like some music artists who record songs just so they themselves can have them and nobody else. But sometimes in the case of music, it comes out later on,

Or maybe they are trying to drive up demand because they may release it again later. Maybe in the future or it could be a Disney licensing issue.

sometimes copyright laws make me want to scream. I would rather just get ROMS or just buy physical copies or ROMS  legally, but then again malicious software could make you pay with the price of a new PC or device
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 04:53:53 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2019, 02:29:01 am »

In most cases, yes. It's pretty rare when a delisting completely removes access to a title, some notable ones like that being the PT demo or Minecraft Story Mode.

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2019, 12:37:07 pm »
Prices are already skyrocketing- in one day, the price on Amazon went from $12 to $60 for PS3, although it's come back down a bit to $45. Even my Wii U version is running 40ish right now.

I imagine it'll die back down a bit soon- I don't see this game being an insta-spike kind of title. It'll definitely gain some value down the line though. Just goes to show why we cling to our physical media!

doafan

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2019, 12:38:15 pm »
In most cases, yes. It's pretty rare when a delisting completely removes access to a title, some notable ones like that being the PT demo or Minecraft Story Mode.

Got it, really appreciate it and I just purchased the digital version, as soon as I arrive home will start the download  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

aliensstudios

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2019, 06:43:26 pm »
Good thing I've had the Wii U version since 2013.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

retromangia

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2019, 01:26:32 am »
Hey ya'll,

I have this game for both Wii U and PS3.  Does anyone know if there's any performance/ visual/ or feature differences between these two versions?

thanks gang!   :D

telly

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2019, 03:19:13 pm »
I imagine prices will go back down within the next few months or so
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery