Author Topic: Not Game Related: Do You Think Your Home Has A Lot Of Unused Or Wasted Space?  (Read 7851 times)

I do in my home, We have too many things, we need to get rid of in my opinion but everyone including me don't like to sort through it all because in my home everyone. is a collector of many many things, and everyone wants more and more, we gave a lot of stuff away when I moved into this household here but we need to do that again sometime soon.

How many of you have things packed away that you never knew you had? Sometimes when you buy a new house there can be stuff in the addic that could still be worth something or nothing. Have any of you got rid of non-game related things like knick nacks or unused silver ware or jewlery, shoes clothes (etc)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 11:59:28 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

ferraroso

Except for games and books, I usually don't have any problem in throwing or giving away things I'm not using, and I believe most of my family acts the same way.
And I've never found anything left from a previous owner in any place I've ever lived, but I think that, if I ever found anything like that, I'd feel preety disgusted... Haha

I'd say no, not really. Yes, my home has a lot of spaces full of things being stored that we rarely (if ever) move- but these things are in space designed specifically for that. I mean, the cabinet above my closet that required a step stool and a stick to reach the back of, isn't exactly a good place to put something I need every couple days. It's not like we have big Rubbermaid tubs in the corner of the living room or anything.

We don't have an attic/basement to find things in, but moving around as a kid often resulted in odd things found left behind in houses we were moving into. The only one I immediately remember was a McDonald's Presents: New Kids on the Block Magic Summer 1990 program guide. my brother kept it- he thought it was hilarious.

Warmsignal

It's wasted with useless clutter. I have entirely too much stuff and never get rid of anything even if it serves no purpose. I count that as wasted space.

I have stuff everywhere - On shelves in the living room, in the attic, boxes jammed underneath my desk....  Mostly random peripherals and controllers that I barely use - I've been culling a lot of 'project' stuff that's broken in some way or another, but I'll always find room for my collection. I might need those Coleco Super Action Controllers some day!

I rent part of a house and not including the shared areas like the kitchen and living room, I have two rooms and a bathroom at my disposal. Essentially one room is my game room and one is my bedroom. My gameroom is literally busting at the seems with games. Luckily I've been able to squeeze enough out of the game room to display 95% of what I own, but space has always been the enemy of me collecting. With me downsizing I imagine that I'll have more space to do whatever I want with, maybe pull some of my manga and movies out of storage and have them more readily available, but who knows. But no, I don't have a lot of wasted space, it's all being used to its max lol

dashv

PRO Supporter

The house I just sold? No.

The house I have now? Still no.

My last house everything spilled into everything.

The dining room, was the table top gaming room, plus the home schooling room. It was also part of the living room which was also the console gaming room.

It worked for a while but not really.

I’d get home from work and an hour in traffic and couldn’t Game. Son was still working on school. If he finished school it was an civil war if I could watch tv or play a game or if he could.

My streaming area was a mess. My collection was scattered. Every room served multiple purposes.

Company was fun but too much was happening in too small a space so headaches due to noise were an issue.

We sold that house. Bought another and carefully picked a floor plan that allows us to more carefully and deliberately fill the space. Everything has it’s place and stuff only goes in that place.

Work happens in the office. Home schooling in the library. Movies in the theatre. Gaming in the game space. Living room is just for lazy lounging. Tools and workshop is in the garage.

It’s been amazingly liberating and empowering.

No more putting off xyz because I can find where I put something.

No more fighting to use a space for one thing because it’s being used for another.

After moving a few times I’ve long since chucked just about anything that didn’t have any real or sentimental value to me.