Author Topic: Watermarked Images Thread  (Read 19137 times)

Re: Watermarked Images Thread
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2012, 05:14:44 pm »
For anyone looking for box images, I have been finding a lot of non-watermarked pictures on GameFAQs.
I would suggest not using them unless you have the real thing yourself, because their listings are usually wrong.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/943691-age-of-empires-collectors-edition/images/box-97067

THAT IS NOT AN XPLOSIV RELEASE, YOU IDIOTS! IT'S NOT EVEN BRITISH! )@#$&@ Augh!

I don't know about most of them being wrong as I haven't found a wrong one yet, but yes, please always check ANY images online with your physical copy. Also try to find another site or two to cross-check what is the right image for that version.

foxhack

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2012, 09:38:08 pm »
I've also noticed some people are submitting back cover art that's missing the UPC.

I'm rejecting every single image that's like that. Sorry. :P

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2012, 10:16:55 am »
I just put in some Game Gear games, and none of the back images I was able to find had UPC's on them.  Any chance that they didn't have them to begin with?

atariboy

« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2012, 10:35:10 am »
I think @foxhack is refering to the fact that there is a big white spot where the UPC code is suppose to be and obviously it was photoshopped out for some reason. Alot of Game Gear games didn't have a UPC so you should be alright.
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

foxhack

« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2012, 02:13:18 pm »
I think @foxhack is refering to the fact that there is a big white spot where the UPC code is suppose to be and obviously it was photoshopped out for some reason. Alot of Game Gear games didn't have a UPC so you should be alright.
Yep, this. Some EA games on the Genesis had the barcode on the spine, and many PC games had them on the top or bottom along with the system requirements. Not to mention pack-in games that don't have a UPC and instead have a "Not for resale" notice. So if your scans don't have a UPC for a good reason, you're okay. :)

htimreimer

« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2012, 09:45:58 am »

pacpix

« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2012, 03:01:48 pm »
http://vgcollect.com/item/19680
Just sent an edit.  It also had the Amiga cover instead of PC.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

desocietas

« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2012, 10:27:15 pm »
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2012, 10:33:12 am »
I cobbled together one from various sources, until someone can get an actual scan...

htimreimer

« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2012, 06:16:15 am »

foxhack

« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2012, 07:16:02 pm »

pacpix

htimreimer

« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2012, 03:17:14 am »

pacpix

ko1ru

« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2012, 11:26:47 am »
Yikes, I'm really sorry, but I've uploaded a few images over the past day or two with watermarks (mostly from MobyGames).  I'm assuming it's a rule that uploaded images should be without watermarks?  I really should have read the forums first, huh?   :P

Edit:  I'll be sure to check GameFAQs (or other sites) in the future for non-watermarked images.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 11:28:45 am by ko1ru »