Author Topic: Koei NES Games  (Read 14091 times)

mastodon

Koei NES Games
« on: August 12, 2019, 12:18:26 am »
I was and still am a HUGE fan of Genghis Khan on NES by Koei.
I know Koei made several other NES game too. Nobunaga's Ambition 1 & 2, Romance of the Three Kindoms 1 & 2, and Uncharted Waters, Gemfire, L'EMPEREUR and Bandit Kings of Ancient China.
I was hoping another fan of NES Koei games could give me their opinion on Genghis Khan and the other Koei games.
Which one have you played?
Which is your fav and why?

dreama1

Re: Koei NES Games
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 12:21:21 pm »
I know Koei made several other NES game too. Nobunaga's Ambition 1 & 2, Romance of the Three Kindoms 1 & 2, and Uncharted Waters, Gemfire, L'EMPEREUR and Bandit Kings of Ancient China.
I was hoping another fan of NES Koei games could give me their opinion on Genghis Khan and the other Koei games.
Did you try the newer ones? 16bit and 32bit? The 8 bit versions are kind of hard to look at for me now. About the height of strategy NES games ends and starts with North and South for me.

mastodon

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 03:49:14 pm »
Did you try the newer ones? 16bit and 32bit? The 8 bit versions are kind of hard to look at for me now. About the height of strategy NES games ends and starts with North and South for me.

I tried Genghis Khan II on snes. It really seems like a totally different game.

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2019, 06:57:46 pm »
I don't think I ever owned a Koei game on NES, but I loved, and still love Koei games on the SNES. Rot3K III, P.T.O., and Uncharted Waters/Uncharted Waters: New Horizons are probably my favourites, but there aren't any that I don't like.

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2019, 05:22:04 pm »
Mastodon,

What made Genghis Khan so appealing on the NES?

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2019, 06:25:21 pm »
I know I've played some of those but I honestly can't remember anything about about them.Mabey it's time for me to revisit some of those tittles.

mastodon

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2019, 07:40:40 pm »
Mastodon,

Just all the mechanics. Trading, all the diplomatic options, training troops, self, princes. Going to war. Managing conquered states. Marring children off to gain trust.

I just found out recently Koei remade a lot of their NES better onto the JP Saturn, but its zero English. Unlike the JP Capcom fighters that are so good. I really wish it were translated.

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2019, 10:02:02 am »
Mastodon,

Just all the mechanics. Trading, all the diplomatic options, training troops, self, princes. Going to war. Managing conquered states. Marring children off to gain trust.

I just found out recently Koei remade a lot of their NES better onto the JP Saturn, but its zero English. Unlike the JP Capcom fighters that are so good. I really wish it were translated.

Thanks for responding to my post.

It might prove beneficial to learn how to speak and read Japanese. It would open up so many games to you. There's a ton of free resources on the internet for Japanese language learning.