Author Topic: So I Finally Decided to buy a Modern Console (A Gamestop Story)  (Read 10369 times)

Re: So I Finally Decided to buy a Modern Console (A Gamestop Story)
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2019, 08:40:52 am »
I cant wait. Its calling my name. ;D

If you have Twitter, follow Cheapassgamer (@videogamedeals). They post various sales/offers 'round the net for things. Switch deals come up pretty often, you may only have to wait a week or so to find one. It won't be a great deal- most likely just a free game/discount on a game bought at the same time, but it'll be something.

EDIT: Here, they posted this one on the 23rd: Buy switch at Best Buy, get 50% a select title (Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8, Splatoon 2, or Breath of the Wild.)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 08:56:10 am by hoshichiri »

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2019, 01:18:11 pm »
I recommend @Wario64.  I’ve caught tons of great deals because of him

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2019, 04:25:31 pm »
Be me. Decided to get a Switch so I can play Zelda BOTW, Mario Deluxe U, Mario Odyssey, Mario Cart. Switch V2 is out so, the time is now. I go to Gamestop. Zelda is $59.99 new. Its $54.99 USED. So I go to Walmart in the same parking lot. Brand new Zelda BOTW is $49.99. I ended up buying Zelda for $39.99 at a pawn shop. WTH Gamestop??? I wanted to help them by buying from them, since I know they're circling the drain.

I still need to actually buy the console though. Where should I buy? Walmart?

I reccomend Best Buy if you care about how the workers treat you because they are so nice,  Walmart if it's close to you and Walmart actually has a very great and affordable care plan for switches.  I believe mine was 15-20 dollars and it covers it from anything for a year or 2. 

As for gamestop,  yeah,  they have been in the gutter for a long time.  Why would anyone every buy a preowned game from them.  They are just simply too greedy and no overhead or margins can justify it.  They pay 7 bucks for those games, 12 at most and then put them up for 48.99-55 dollars when the new copy is 59.99.   Profit is one thing but being shady is another.  They could make their profits and sell 20x as much as they do if they actually cared. 

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2019, 12:18:51 am »
Gamestop is still selling PS3's refurbished PS3 regular slims at least in my local area for about $119.USD $127.USD  with tax

and they are like brand new and come with a SONY brand name wireless controller+charging cord+Power Cord+AV-Cord or HDMI, but can't be too certain about HDMI cord :-\
« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 12:22:37 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"