Author Topic: Questions About Your Experience With Steam App Me? Not Good  (Read 1260 times)

Questions About Your Experience With Steam App Me? Not Good
« on: September 05, 2019, 06:03:02 am »
(EDIT)

THIS IS AN OLD POST

I am not sure where I should leave this post, but I stopped re-downloading the steam app because every time I do my computer runs at least 3 times slower than usual, and it even stays slow even after I uninstall steam from my computer. It still runs vary slow.

My account may or may not have an infection of some kind. The only solution to this problem has been for years now   has been to wipe off my hard drive including the Operating System. Also my computer starts to have problems and glitches every time I reinstall the steam app on windows.

Is anyone else having these issues using windows 10? It is vary vary bad whatever it is. every time I re-install the steam app the problems start all over again. Including getting file restrictions from my most used programs.

for me it's a one way trip to hell every time I install that steam app. Bad things start to happen all over my PC in the background. and no malware protection ever found the issue.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 03:50:56 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: Questions About Your Experience With Steam App Me? Not Good
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2019, 08:34:29 am »
Please cool it with the “my computer got infected” paranoia.

The Steam App is notorious for performance inconsistency.  And if there was any malware hidden in the executable the internet would be on fire.

tripredacus

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2019, 09:11:55 am »
Does your computer get slow or does your internet access get slow?

I have not used the "App" or know anything about MS Store Apps. If you mean the actual program, then the first thing you should do is go set a bandwidth limit in the settings. Steam can saturate your network making internet access on that computer (or others on the same link) to be very slow.

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2019, 01:03:04 pm »
Does your computer get slow or does your internet access get slow?

I have not used the "App" or know anything about MS Store Apps. If you mean the actual program, then the first thing you should do is go set a bandwidth limit in the settings. Steam can saturate your network making internet access on that computer (or others on the same link) to be very slow.

my internet works fine, but my computer acts vary strange and slow as soon as I install the steam app for my windows 10 PC. and restart my computer.

But, Steam does show up as a vary large startup process by default under the task setting in my windows PC. It takes forever to start up windows. once I install Steam. I can disable the Steam's startup task, in the windows "msconfig"/ System Configuration panel.

but I found out that it's still acts like some type of hidden malware is present on the system, or some kind of severe error once the steam app is installed on a fresh clean operating system.

I tested this theory on 3 different fresh operating systems and I never have any problem until I install steam. I pinpointed all possibility and combined with my knowledge of computers.

I mean nothing seems to happen until I install the steam app for windows 10.
This steam app on my end acts like a Trojan Horse in which is a program that anti- malware programs sometimes don't see as a threat but they  cause harmful results and sometimes can go undetected. hence the name.

I got nothing against people who use steam, but I figured I'd tell you what I've experiences on my end for 3 years now

« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 04:30:43 pm by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

jsoup

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2019, 09:19:06 pm »
Check your preferences and make sure you aren't set to use the beta client. A lot of times the beta builds are crap and cause all kinds of errors. There have been times in the past that they've pushed builds so bad that I had to uninstall the entire client and reinstall just so I could access my preferences menu to remove beta permission.

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2020, 03:45:14 pm »
Has anyone ever ran into a game they bought off Steam that, you noticed the gameplay had been altered, certain levels impossible to beat.

(Wolfenstein 3D example) I had encountered a problem in this one level, no matter what I did I could not ever find the key on this one level. So I did a sneaky thing and downloaded a map editor and I found out that the missing key was stuck in an impossible to get to location. Mind you I played the free version of Wolfenstein 3D many times before downloading the Steam version, and the key was not in the same location as the original full version of Wolfenstein 3D.

Another one I encountered recently was Duke Nukem Duke It Out In DC, where on the Smithsonian level one of the switches was completely gone and I had to cheat in order to get this one key, because I swear to god that the needed access switch that was there in my CD copy was not there in the Steam version.

However Steam performance has increased and what I said in the first post is no longer an issue

NO APPS NEEDED