Author Topic: Your Thoughts On Ultra Realistically Graphic, Violent Video Games (Discussion)  (Read 5643 times)

I am not talking about 99% of any violent video games. I am referring to the few 1% games out their that are so violent it can be demoralizing. for some of us to play them. I am not talking about video games like mortal kombat either, or any video games with blood packets or cartoon gore or with any type of cartoon or computerized graphics.

My thoughts on life like violent ultra realistic violent video games or movies is I hate them. and don't think they are any fun to play or watch. nothing at all like what is displayed in any game I ever played. but heard do exist somewhere

I have a violent limit I perfer games like Call Of Duty and Halo for examples because to me they are far from being realistic and it's clear they are fantasy
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

dreama1

They'll never see the light of day on a home console. On PC only Sad Satan, Postal or Hatred fall into the Graphic content probably.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 11:21:41 am by dreama1 »

Warmsignal

Realistic violence does not appeal to me. One reason why I'm not a big fan of the Resident Evil series is due to the morbidity and level of gore and violence, which I find nasty and demoralizing.

I play Mortal Kombat and Resident Evil among other zombie games and such, and if those ones don't count, I don't even know what kind of game we are supposed to talk about with this lol Generally I'm fine with violent video games, there's stuff that can certainly make me feel squeamish, but I don't know if I've come across something that crazy that I thought it was a problem...Though Dead Space 2 and the part where you to jab a needle in your characters eye is...woof...boy that's a thing lol

I think the only major thing I can have issues with, is body horror, like bodies twisting, changing, grotesque stuff like that can be harder to watch.  Like "The Thing" is a great movie, but even to this day that still gets me squeamish lol

The only thing that really gets me in video games is torture.  Same with horror movies.

I've never played a video game whose violence and depiction of graphic violence disturbed me, but have seen plenty in movies, and even more so in real life that really did. For whatever reason it doesn't feel as real or impactful in video games for me.

Yeah movies get me more than games even if the movies do it with CG or practical effects.  It's that real people are involved and how good it looks can get me pretty uncomfortable depending on the contex and level of violence.  Generally I'm into zombie films and a few horror films, but the gore and violence isn't the appeal specifically.

I really don't have issue with such games existing, or the people who play them- but I personally don't see the appeal.

I know some folks worry that only people who are considering such actions in real life are interested, and that's a downright falsehood. Some of the nicest, most gentle people I know consume the most vile-appearing media I've ever heard of (example: I have seen A Serbian Film turn up on Christmas wishlists before.) I have no idea why they're interested in this stuff, but I've only ever seen them watch it- not a one has even come close to attempting anything from these sources. I've been tempted from time to time to ask why, but I don't want to come across as disapproving- after all, these are great people who help friends, give to charity, worry about hurt wildlife, and just happen to occasionally watch gross movies (and never expect anyone else to). It's not a bad thing, it's just an odd thing to me.

The worst experience I've had playing a game was when I got one of these friends a used copy of Manhunt for the Wii as a gift. I wanted to make sure it worked, since it was used, so I played a bit of it. The beginning calibrates/teaches you the motion controls over a black background... you are instructed to mime out a stabbing motion, at which point blood splatter pops up on screen, along with screaming. I have never wanted to turn a game off more in my LIFE!

dreama1

I really don't have issue with such games existing, or the people who play them- but I personally don't see the appeal.

I know some folks worry that only people who are considering such actions in real life are interested, and that's a downright falsehood. Some of the nicest, most gentle people I know consume the most vile-appearing media I've ever heard of (example: I have seen A Serbian Film turn up on Christmas wishlists before.) I have no idea why they're interested in this stuff, but I've only ever seen them watch it- not a one has even come close to attempting anything from these sources. I've been tempted from time to time to ask why, but I don't want to come across as disapproving- after all, these are great people who help friends, give to charity, worry about hurt wildlife, and just happen to occasionally watch gross movies (and never expect anyone else to). It's not a bad thing, it's just an odd thing to me.

The worst experience I've had playing a game was when I got one of these friends a used copy of Manhunt for the Wii as a gift. I wanted to make sure it worked, since it was used, so I played a bit of it. The beginning calibrates/teaches you the motion controls over a black background... you are instructed to mime out a stabbing motion, at which point blood splatter pops up on screen, along with screaming. I have never wanted to turn a game off more in my LIFE!

Not to freak you out of anything but there's plenty of Psychopaths who hide behind such things like you mentioned. Charity work is a hot spot for psychopaths often.

That said on point we've came along were as what is "regarded as violent or twisted" these days. Maybe it is a cause for concern. Parents were calling Super Mario "violent" in the 80's we have sunk much lower than that now. Movies in particularly these days are getting damn worse with whats being made and its not in it's final stage.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 08:23:54 pm by dreama1 »

kypherion

Just gonna skip the paragraph and say DOOM kicks ass. End of my thoughts LMAO.
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

don't get me wrong I played a lot of the Doom video game series. but I got board of Doom 3 BFG edition. I also played the brutal doom mod for the original series of Doom the video game. it's not fighting demons or zombies that get me it's usually fire or torture on an innocent person that really makes me sick. I never played a modern doom game but I know it can get pretty violent. But there is worse things than doom out there.

I would probably never play Manhunt Postal, Hatred or Sad Satan. I also am not curious to watch clips of those games either
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 10:35:11 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

mastodon

Manhunt was cool. I still have it on PC. I purchased it way back in the day. I remember countries banning it. So, ofc, I had to get it. Its def brutal. I dont think its works now. It uses an old OS.

dreama1

don't get me wrong I played a lot of the Doom video game series. but I got board of Doom 3 BFG edition. I also played the brutal doom mod for the original series of Doom the video game. it's not fighting demons or zombies that get me it's usually fire or torture on an innocent person that really makes me sick. I never played a modern doom game but I know it can get pretty violent. But there is worse things than doom out there.

I would probably never play Manhunt Postal, Hatred or Sad Satan. I also am not curious to watch clips of those games either
Brutal Doom is probably worth mentioning more than the original doom.

The only time it bothers me is if it makes fun of a real world situation or victims.  Like the super columbine game or whatever it was called.   Most of the modder trash where they let you play as Hitler killing Gays or whatever I saw an article about.  Disgusting, totally disgusting.  And whoever makes those is sick and is what is wrong with gaming and society in general.

If you are more talking about Grand Theft Auto and Doom.  They don't bother me at all.  I love them.  It's just a game and my mind can't feel any remorse for digital people.  I love animals in real life but have no trauma at all planting bombs on dogs in far cry, or lighting chickens on fire in red dead just to see what they'll do.  It's just not the same.  Completely hatcheting girls in GTA is like nothing.  But of course in real life it'd be mortifying.

When I see pictures of real life murders, or victims of horrible things online.  That scars me seriously bad.  I can't sleep if I see them and get scared.  I am very scared of that type of stuff.  But if it's in the game it isn't the same.

I love horror movies.  Torture stuff doesn't faze me much because I know it's not real and I know it's part of a directed plot. Maybe the internet has desensitized me a bit because i've seen twisted stuff on the internet.  I have a hard time feeling any remorse for digital bad guys.  To me they are not real.  But if you were to convince me that they feel pain and have families and actual lives. I'd feel awful.  Which is why games try hard to get you to be attached to characters so you feel it worst when they die.

As for Call of Duty,  Call of Duty is pretty realistic imo.  I'm surprised you added it to your list of games that don't bother you.  Not only is it humans being massacred, it usually is based on real actual events and does include torture and undead nazis and all kinds of insane amounts of gore.   Limbs being blown off.  The concentration camp part of COD WW2 actually shook me up a bit.   It can get quite graphic.  And just knowing it actually happened made it worst for me. 

In general I love mature rated games.  So long as it respect boundaries of real life victims and abides by common decency. 

It's funny, as I used to always think about this in the PS2 Era "Imagine when games will be able to render internal organs..." I thought that is when gore is going to get excessive within the medium. I think the first time this really shocked me was actually with Fallout 3, when you can go into that VAT Mode and get a clean haed shot seeing brain matter and popped eyeballs  flourish over the landmass. IT did make me squirmish.

I have to admit these days gore doesn't partically appeal to me within Horror, if anything I'm more vulnerable to it than when I considered it 'cool' a as teenager. when it comes to horror I preffer something where the situation & atmosphere gets under your skin - Silent Hill 2 being the casing point here. I don't mind gore if it is within context and sometimes it can be the exclamation mark to an action you make in an intense combat moment but games like Outlast that try too hard doon't really appeal to me at all.