Author Topic: Which Xbox Generation Do You Prefer The Most If Any?  (Read 934 times)

Which Xbox Generation Do You Prefer The Most If Any?
« on: September 26, 2019, 09:06:46 pm »
This is a tough answer for me but, I prefer the Xbox 360 slim currently. Because I can hold more game data on it than the Xbox One can. And because every Xbox One game need to be fully installed, and the Xbox360 that is optional and plus the Xbox 360 has AV output

while the Xbox One only supports a HDMI compatible television and does not work on most HDMI to RCA Converters

If the answer is neither or not any xbox console than this thread is not meant for you.

from what I know, from the internet, here is some positives and negatives from both 7th and 8th generation Xbox's

Xbox One Positives

1: It's a newer console and easier to find brand new and in working condition
2: It's said to have more features then the Xbox360
3: Has better graphics and faster processor
4: More advanced Kinct sensor
5: Said to have a much better multitasking experience
6: You can play most Xbox 360, Xbox One, and Original Xbox games on it
7: You can play the newer 8th generation Xbox One games on it.
8: The Xbox One console can play Blu-ray disc movies and DVD movies and play music CD's
9 It's going to be supported longer but that is a guess.

Negatives of Xbox One compared to the Xbox 360

1: Each and every game, needs to be installed fully to it's harddrive. in order to play it
2: it's more expensive than the Xbox 360
3: Not all Xbox and Xbox360 games can be played on the Xbox One
4: The Xbox One needs to use an HDMI cord and most HDMI to RCA converters don't work with the Xbox One
5: If your TV does not have an HDMI port you pretty much can't plug in and use your Xbox One with an older television
6: You can both rip and play music CDs to an Xbox 360 but not on the Xbox One

Positives about the Xbox 360 compared to the Xbox One

1: The Xbox 360 can play Games off the disc and does not need to be fully installed unlike the Xbox One
2 The Xbox 360 is often found cheaper than the Xbox One today. 9-26-2019
3: The Xbox 360 can hold more gaming progress data than most Xbox One with less need harddrive space.
4: You can use an HDMI cord OR an AV output cord to hook it up to a television

Positives about the original Xbox than the other 2 newer ones

1: You can play all original Xbox original games on the original Xbox
2: The Xbox original is usually found cheaper than both the Xbox 360 and Xbox One Consoles

As far as I know the original Xbox and the Xbox One is more reliable and last longer the the early Xbox 360 models

« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 09:30:16 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: Which Xbox Generation Do You Prefer The Most If Any?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2019, 10:13:56 pm »
First generation had the best exclusives so that one.

dreama1

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2019, 06:57:24 am »
Late Original xbox, Early 360 Era.

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2019, 10:38:06 am »
1. Original XBOX: This is by far my favorite console MS ever released. It has the most and best exclusives and it's a beast in terms of performance, at least for the time it was supported. I actually prefer the original XBOX over the Gamecube if we're talking 6th gen consoles.

2. XBOX 360: I think the 360 is an above average console overall, however it just doesn't do it for me the same way that the OG XBOX did.

3. XBOX One: I admittedly have little experience with this console and have never owned one, but I did go through it's entire library of games several months ago (actually created a thread about it) and there were literally only a dozen exclusives I'd ever care to own for it. Sadly that's most of the actual exclusives this consoles ever got; even if I wanted all it's exclusives I'd maybe be looking at 20-25 games. Especially at what they're currently selling for, there's no way in hell I'd buy one right now. Until I can grab one for around $50 I'll happily wait on this one.

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2019, 02:51:52 pm »
Since I love Xbox quite a bit.  I'm going to rank the Xboxs in my opinion.  :D  (Out of the ones i've owned)

Xbox One - Xbox One X

The Xbox One is my favorite console of all time.  I have put well over 300 days into the console.  The amount of iconic games the console has is impeccable.  And the controller is my favorite controller for gaming ever.  I have owned the other 2 consoles from this gen (Switch and PS4) but the Xbox One remains the only system I own of the 3 still.  And I have 2 lol.   I just love it.  Adore it.   From sunset overdrive, to the forza horizon games, to the 3rd party games that are complete gold.   I love the 4k 60 fps,  the 4k blu ray,   4k media.   The One X especially is a power house.

Xbox 360 Slim

Xbox 360 original was the one I owned.  But it was so heinously unreliable, so painfully undependable, and so hilariously poorly made.  That even if you were one of the lucky ones (I wasn't)  It still would break within a 4 year period.   Mine happened to break  6 TIMES!!!!.   3 RROD, and 3 disc drives giving out.   Insanity.   It is by far the most unreliable system I ever owned. 

Xbox 360 Slim and Super Slim however fixed a lot of this.  And it looks so gorgeous :)

Xbox 360 was essentially my childhood system.  More teen ages.  But I still feel immense sentimental attatchment to it and it's library.  It might be ahead of the Xbox One if I think about it.   Me and my friends used to always play 360 everyday after school. 

Xbox 360 Original

My first ever Xbox 360 :).  My dad got me it when I was in 4th grade.  I love it so much.  And will always love it.  But as stated before.  It was very unreliable.  But it's ok because mine was always under warranty.  And Microsoft fixed it for me a bunch.  Until I got good at fixing them myself.  Then I could fix 3 or 4 of the many RROD patterns.  Usually took a good cleaning and removing gun that formed in the motor that moved the disc drive.

The 360 spawned Halo 3, and games like Gears of War.  Cult classics.  It really is a staple. 

Xbox Original

Xbox Original was a console me and my dad used to play when I was little.  It was graphically superior to gamecube and ps2.  It had such a clunky controller but the revised S controller was much better.  I hate the duke one lol.  It's made for grizzly bears.

The Xbox Original had some great games.  But imo I was a PS2 kid most of that generation.  And it really couldn't keep up with the other 2 in exclusives and most games felt better to play on PS2 because of the better controller. 

Well,  Xbox didn't have too many consoles so that sums up all the ones I owned.   In order.   I think it is about where i'd put them. 

Xbox gets flack from people for not having 1st party support, but not everyone plays first party games.  Quite honestly most of my fun comes from 3rd party supported games and imo.  Xbox is simply the most powerful console on the market and plays them better.  Only way to get a better controller, graphic, UI experience is with a PC rig of some sort. 

Thanks for sharing Oldgamerz

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2019, 05:28:32 pm »
Xbox Original>Xbox 360>Xbox One