Author Topic: Rebellious Bullet- unreleased Xbox game  (Read 2205 times)

Rebellious Bullet- unreleased Xbox game
« on: September 10, 2019, 12:03:04 pm »
Copying my post from Atariage over here, since I'm sure some of you are interested:

My twitter feed popped up a thread by a Mr. Jordan Baty today, who'd randomly bid on an Xbox DVT4 developer console on Yahoo auctions with no expections, but ended up winning. The system turned out to have an unreleased shooter called Rebellious Bullet tucked away into it. Here's his brief (and self-admittedly poor) play video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewXtTLuc5dE&feature=youtu.be

I think it looks like it would have been a fun one- I dig the music. For the curious, he's already dumped the ROM, links are in the twitter thread (I'm not too familiar with how roms work, so I'll let the interested of you sort it out.)

Re: Rebellious Bullet- unreleased Xbox game
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 06:42:53 pm »
Copying my post from Atariage over here, since I'm sure some of you are interested:

My twitter feed popped up a thread by a Mr. Jordan Baty today, who'd randomly bid on an Xbox DVT4 developer console on Yahoo auctions with no expections, but ended up winning. The system turned out to have an unreleased shooter called Rebellious Bullet tucked away into it. Here's his brief (and self-admittedly poor) play video:

I think it looks like it would have been a fun one- I dig the music. For the curious, he's already dumped the ROM, links are in the twitter thread (I'm not too familiar with how roms work, so I'll let the interested of you sort it out.)

I never used any Xbox ROMS before but you usually need a different emulator program for any type of different console

from what I remember in order for a ROM to work on the PC, is to first download a ROM file and then a dedicated console emulator program. then setup the emulator program to find and open the ROM file. (best to find a tutorial) on YouTube if your new to ROMS.

Note that I currently don't know  what extensions ROM files extensions have but they all should look white like in windows operating systems, and windows usually don't understand what to do with these files. but I think PSX files are PlayStation 1 files, emulator (for example)

First off you need an emulator program than download a ROM on any and all ROM files. Project64 is a decent Nintendo 64 emulator for downloading and playing Nintendo 64 ROMs.

But sometimes, what you think you are downloading, is not, what you're going to get. When downloading anything from the internet

« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 06:51:23 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

r33benelli

Re: Rebellious Bullet- unreleased Xbox game
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 03:13:40 pm »

Oh this is a nice surprise. Even ModernVintageGamer got involved.

For anyone that is interested, just looking at the files on the zip dump, the quick way to play it would be to FTP or transfer the complete RebelliousBullet folder over to a softmodded Xbox (place the folder where ever you store your ripped games). The softmod should be able to pickup the xbe and launch it. Alternatively you could also make and Xbox iso with the files using Qwix or any other xbox iso maker. Then burn that iso to a dvd r/rw and rip it from the disc. All in all you'll need a softmodded xbox to start with. Which you should have anyways!  As a softmodded xbox is an amazing console!   

Def gonna try this game out when i get home.