Author Topic: Your Thoughts On Ultra Realistically Graphic, Violent Video Games (Discussion)  (Read 5640 times)

The only time it bothers me is if it makes fun of a real world situation or victims.  Like the super columbine game or whatever it was called.   Most of the modder trash where they let you play as Hitler killing Gays or whatever I saw an article about.  Disgusting, totally disgusting.  And whoever makes those is sick and is what is wrong with gaming and society in general.

If you are more talking about Grand Theft Auto and Doom.  They don't bother me at all.  I love them.  It's just a game and my mind can't feel any remorse for digital people.  I love animals in real life but have no trauma at all planting bombs on dogs in far cry, or lighting chickens on fire in red dead just to see what they'll do.  It's just not the same.  Completely hatcheting girls in GTA is like nothing.  But of course in real life it'd be mortifying.

When I see pictures of real life murders, or victims of horrible things online.  That scars me seriously bad.  I can't sleep if I see them and get scared.  I am very scared of that type of stuff.  But if it's in the game it isn't the same.

I love horror movies.  Torture stuff doesn't faze me much because I know it's not real and I know it's part of a directed plot. Maybe the internet has desensitized me a bit because i've seen twisted stuff on the internet.  I have a hard time feeling any remorse for digital bad guys.  To me they are not real.  But if you were to convince me that they feel pain and have families and actual lives. I'd feel awful.  Which is why games try hard to get you to be attached to characters so you feel it worst when they die.

As for Call of Duty, Call of Duty is pretty realistic imo.  I'm surprised you added it to your list of games that don't bother you.  Not only is it humans being massacred, it usually is based on real actual events and does include torture and undead nazis and all kinds of insane amounts of gore.   Limbs being blown off.  The concentration camp part of COD WW2 actually shook me up a bit.   It can get quite graphic.  And just knowing it actually happened made it worst for me. 

In general I love mature rated games.  So long as it respect boundaries of real life victims and abides by common decency.

I never played Call Of Duty WW2, I was referring to the classic Call Of Duty Games. didn't realize their ever was a Call Of Duty or World War 2 game where limbs get shot off. :(

brutal doom has that type of violence but it's far from being real in my eyes. thanks for the heads up on that, I never knew any COD game actually imitated the horror of real warfare
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 04:30:48 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

thewelshman

Becoming a dad really put the brakes on a lot of those types of games. While I do still play games like Gears of War with my son, I tend to avoid the ultra gory games where it seems they're doing it just for the shock value. I started Diablo III back with the Necro DLC character and realized I needed to make sure my 2 year old wasn't in the room for some of it.

stealthrush

Not a fan of most realistic games in general, including 99% of first-person shooters and Mortal Kombat series. Also same as OP against any ultra violent films, horror films, personally. Ironically I'm fine with Silent Hill and Fatal Frame horror-survival games, that revolve around psychological-horror aspect.

The only time it bothers me is if it makes fun of a real world situation or victims.  Like the super columbine game or whatever it was called.   Most of the modder trash where they let you play as Hitler killing Gays or whatever I saw an article about.  Disgusting, totally disgusting.  And whoever makes those is sick and is what is wrong with gaming and society in general.

If you are more talking about Grand Theft Auto and Doom.  They don't bother me at all.  I love them.  It's just a game and my mind can't feel any remorse for digital people.  I love animals in real life but have no trauma at all planting bombs on dogs in far cry, or lighting chickens on fire in red dead just to see what they'll do.  It's just not the same.  Completely hatcheting girls in GTA is like nothing.  But of course in real life it'd be mortifying.

When I see pictures of real life murders, or victims of horrible things online.  That scars me seriously bad.  I can't sleep if I see them and get scared.  I am very scared of that type of stuff.  But if it's in the game it isn't the same.

I love horror movies.  Torture stuff doesn't faze me much because I know it's not real and I know it's part of a directed plot. Maybe the internet has desensitized me a bit because i've seen twisted stuff on the internet.  I have a hard time feeling any remorse for digital bad guys.  To me they are not real.  But if you were to convince me that they feel pain and have families and actual lives. I'd feel awful.  Which is why games try hard to get you to be attached to characters so you feel it worst when they die.

As for Call of Duty, Call of Duty is pretty realistic imo.  I'm surprised you added it to your list of games that don't bother you.  Not only is it humans being massacred, it usually is based on real actual events and does include torture and undead nazis and all kinds of insane amounts of gore.   Limbs being blown off.  The concentration camp part of COD WW2 actually shook me up a bit.   It can get quite graphic.  And just knowing it actually happened made it worst for me. 

In general I love mature rated games.  So long as it respect boundaries of real life victims and abides by common decency.

I never played Call Of Duty WW2, I was referring to the classic Call Of Duty Games. didn't realize their ever was a Call Of Duty or World War 2 game where limbs get shot off. :(

brutal doom has that type of violence but it's far from being real in my eyes. thanks for the heads up on that, I never knew any COD game actually imitated the horror of real warfare

Yeah, WW2 and parts of World At War are extremely graphic. I'd definitely avoid those.  It very vividly shows the horrors of WW2.  It really did a good job and the devs tried showing the player what war was like.  Their is a part where you enter a burnt down concentration camp and the horrors are pretty unsettling even in game. 

One thing I wanted to add to this forum is for those who don't like gore.  Some games allow you to turn blood off.  Does it help at all?  And do you guys ever do that?   I never played games without the blood.  I might turn it off tonight in Far Cry just out of curiosity.   Might make it more arcade feel.  :)

Yeah, WW2 and parts of World At War are extremely graphic. I'd definitely avoid those.  It very vividly shows the horrors of WW2.  It really did a good job and the devs tried showing the player what war was like.  Their is a part where you enter a burnt down concentration camp and the horrors are pretty unsettling even in game. 

One thing I wanted to add to this forum is for those who don't like gore.  Some games allow you to turn blood off.  Does it help at all?  And do you guys ever do that?   I never played games without the blood.  I might turn it off tonight in Far Cry just out of curiosity.   Might make it more arcade feel.  :)

That's a good idea for when we have young children in the room, the old game of Duke Nukem 3D for the PC has a way to turn off blood and gore and nudity and most swearing under the parental lock settings.

But it makes that game kind of boring, in my opinion and the half nude women are still in the levels, but are only invisible, if you shoot at the air at where they use to stand, in the adult mode. it still makes a creepy screaming sound almost to the effect that you shot some kind or ghost banshee, that is actually more creepy than actually seeing the animation

But I don't like to ever shoot the women in duke nukem 3D, but I was curious when I was new to the game.

thanks for reminding us Marvelvscapcom2 :)
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

The only thing that I can't watch either in games or movies is if someone gets their throat slit, idk why lol I always feel like i'm getting my throat slit when I watch it

pzeke

Quite frankly, I’ve never been perturbed by violent video games, or movies for that matter. By this I don’t mean to say I’m desensitized to violence, as there certainly are things that elicit a reaction from me, but it truly takes a lot for me to cringe or feel uncomfortable. There are obviously things I don’t and won’t ever bother with, like beheading and dismemberment. I know of someone who saw a video of a beheading, and it took him a lot to recover.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!