Author Topic: Do You Buy Or Keep Cartridge Games With Torn Stickers But Still Play Fine?  (Read 16281 times)

I'll usually skip them in favor of waiting to find another one in better condition, unless it's a really good price for a game I'm desperate to play.

Welcome to the forum raggerreadfish sorry I just noticed you made your 1st post, We all should welcome newcomers in my opinion I've just realized we have a lot of newcomer to the community discussions  lately. :)
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

I personally don't mind a torn label or a cartridge with some discoloration. However, it doesn't make it worth as much to a collector.

Warmsignal

Nowadays, no. Not wasting the money or effort if it's not going to stay in my collection.

tpugmire

Depends. I have a couple that bother me, like Dracula X for SNES with a torn label.  On the other hand, I have plenty of 2600 cartridges with crap labels, but I don’t mind them. It adds character.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

A lot of games were owned by children, so they can get a bit ruffed up before it's all said and done.

For me, at this point in my life I'm more of a collector than a gamer. So I would need all my game labels to be perfectly intact!

I do have several games in my collection with torn labels and/or dirty carts, a few with names written on the plastic (or even worse, the sticker itself). Even have two with a name actually carved into the plastic. I'll take them until I can trade them out for cleaner copies.

thewelshman

Re: Do You Buy Or Keep Cartridge Games With Torn Stickers But Still Play Fine?
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2019, 12:13:39 am »
All depends on the game for me. If its a used sports title that I know I'll have a different one the following year I don't care as much. I'm also pretty picky when it comes to second hand stores, especially GameStop. I'll ask for a better case or I'll swap it with a nicer once from a game I don't care as much about.

pzeke

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2019, 09:26:38 pm »
I stopped buying cartridge-based games a long time ago (3rd to 5th gen. mainly), but back when I did, I only looked for games that were clean and with their labels intact. As Warmsignal said, no point in wasting money and effort if it’s not going to stay in my collection. However, many years ago I did end up getting Super Turrican 2 for the SNES absurdly cheap in a small lot; it was missing the front label and the shell was filthy. While the cart was given a good cleaning, it was still in rough shape, so I ended up swapping the board to a much nicer one, although it’s still missing the label. I wish the same thing happened again, but the game being Aero Fighters instead. That’d be aces.

Coincidentally, my copy of Ocarina of Time has both its labels faded and worn, but it was actually a hand-me-down. Been meaning to replace it a multitude of times, but I just don’t care enough to do so.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2019, 12:44:07 am »
Wel my copies of Actraiser 1&2 I bought after they were in a fire ssooo...

I definitely do tend to care for the front label then the back label

mastodon

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2019, 01:50:41 am »
If the price is right, i dont mind. You get what you pay for but also only pay for what you get as these should be discounted some bit.

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2019, 04:53:47 pm »
If it's dirt cheap or given to me.  Sure why not.  But I don't think i'd go out of my way to buy one.  It'd have to either land on my lap or be a gift for me to want to keep it.