Author Topic: Suggestion to add 'ability sort our collection catalog by date added'.  (Read 1610 times)

My reasoning behind this is the size of my collection. I may not add game the second I get it and it becomes a hassle trying to verify if I did at a later time.
Timestamps of when the game is added to a persons collection would help as well.

If this is already a feature I am honestly unaware of it.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 11:31:13 pm by Konstruct »

pzeke

The Backloggery has a "Memory Card" section where it logs your progress. I'm not sure if you're familiar with that website, but you mean something like that?

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

Re: Suggestion to add 'ability sort our collection catalog by date added'
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2020, 11:30:12 pm »
Is this like a progress tracker for game completion? Im more referring to a separate tracker for games that are recently added to the collection, or perhaps the ability sort our collection catalog by date added.

I renamed the topic to that actually being able to sort alphabetically sided with date added oldest/newest would be a great feature.

Re: Suggestion to add 'ability sort our collection catalog by date added'.
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2020, 08:27:43 am »
I absolutely agree with your request, and I'm confident it's been requested before.

There is a sort of workaround for it. You can export your collection to CSV and open it in Excel and sort by date added.

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2020, 08:32:32 am »
The easiest way to see if you did add it, is to just search up the game like you're going to add it. It'll be marked 'in collection' if you've got it already.

pzeke

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2020, 08:41:11 am »
Is this like a progress tracker for game completion? Im more referring to a separate tracker for games that are recently added to the collection, or perhaps the ability sort our collection catalog by date added.

I renamed the topic to that actually being able to sort alphabetically sided with date added oldest/newest would be a great feature.

Yeah, that's what I mean. While it is a tracker for the games you've beaten, it also catalogs newly added games to your collection. Check the example below...

Something akin to that could be implemented, with its nuances, of course.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!