Author Topic: Halloween Games  (Read 2437 times)

Halloween Games
« on: October 04, 2019, 06:08:02 am »
It's that time of year for the spooky stuff so I was wondering if people had any plans for this month involving these types of games for the season? I figure we could use this thread to just talk about these kinds of games in general too just for fun, new and old.

I'm currently trying to find something newer to play for this season.  Last year I played SOMA, which turned out to be way better than I was expecting and highly recommend it (I say this as someone that isn't really into the run and hide horror games like Amnesia and Outlast).  The year before that was the Friday the 13th game, which was a good idea, it just had problems and I don't recommend it because the game is technically dead now.

Drawing a blank on this year, though I thought that maybe the Ghostbusters Remastered game could be the right choice.  I loved the game when it came out on Xbox 360, so once I hear the reviews on it to see if it's a good update, I might go with that.  Open to other stuff too, though I generally only like horror games if they have action to them...Resident Evil 7/RE2 Remake, Evil Within 2, Dying Light, Dead Space 2, etc, though it's not a requirement if the game is interesting in other ways like SOMA, because that game doesn't drag out the hiding and sneaking stuff and everything else about the game was super cool.

A backup I did think of would be dragging out the 'ole Xbox 360 and playing the Splatterhouse remake, because I actually liked that game and been meaning to go back to it lol Or Lollipop Chainsaw, a game I never got around to beating.

kashell

Re: Halloween Games
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2019, 08:10:15 am »
I finished Kuon before October, which really set the mood for the month. I'm taking a quick break from the horror stuff at the moment, but I plan on getting into Manhunt on the PlayStation 2.

I also have the RE2 Remake, but...eh. I'm getting sick of my PS4.

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2019, 08:29:53 am »
their is always Doom 64 for setting the mood and Quake 64, Doom 64 has a more creepy vibe than the original doom trilogy  and spooky soundtrack to listen to while you play it

Doom 64 is also an exclusive doom game only found on the Nintendo 64, unless you count the fan made copy of Doom 64 on the PC that I think it's free, but illegal to download.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 08:33:30 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2019, 09:19:16 am »
I plan on starting Until Dawn this weekend.  It seems pretty fun!

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2019, 09:28:44 am »
I'm thinking of playing Scooby-Doo Mystery for the Super Nintendo this month.

I might try Hidden Agenda. This is a PS4 game that has you and some of your friends catch a serial killer. You can play together as a team or in competitive mood and conspire against each other.

The only sucky thing about it is you must download an app to your phone to play. You can't play with controllers.

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2019, 10:40:55 am »
their is always Doom 64 for setting the mood and Quake 64, Doom 64 has a more creepy vibe than the original doom trilogy  and spooky soundtrack to listen to while you play it

Doom 64 is also an exclusive doom game only found on the Nintendo 64, unless you count the fan made copy of Doom 64 on the PC that I think it's free, but illegal to download.

I hadn't thought of Doom 64 but this is a great recommendation!

Last year I played REmake on GCN and Layers of Fear (was free on Game Pass) but didn't finish either of them. I've tried REmake so many times but can never get through it...

This year I'm going to start with Resident Evil 4 (Wii Edition), Luigi's Mansion (GCN) in preparation for the end of the month, and if there is time permitting try to get through Dead Space. I've wanted to play through Silent Hill (or 2) for a while now but each year Halloween comes and goes and I forget to look for them.

EDIT: Doom always comes out in November, so November is DOOM month for me. Definitely going to have to revisit Doom 64

tripredacus

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2019, 12:01:53 pm »
Minecraft is a good one to pick for playing on October 31st. It is one of those games that loads different resources for that day. Most notably, it changes any pumpkins to jack-o-lanterns.

wolfen

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2019, 12:39:37 pm »
I might play the original Luigi's Mansion just before Luigi's Mansion 3 drops on Halloween. This series has always been my go to "scary/horror game" when October comes around.

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2019, 04:59:31 pm »

I plan to play that eventually due to the remaster coming up next month.

I might play the original Luigi's Mansion just before Luigi's Mansion 3 drops on Halloween. This series has always been my go to "scary/horror game" when October comes around.

Yeah I saw that was coming out at the end of the month.  I wasn't sure if I wanted to get it or not, I never played the previous games, so I'm not 100% sure.

aliensstudios

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2019, 06:42:13 pm »
I procured copies of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Halloween (albeit reproductions) for the Atari 2600 that I'm going to play. Also, MediEvil comes out so that should be fun.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2019, 10:48:50 pm »
I just started Castlevania: Symphony of the Night this evening. I played through over half the game about 10-years ago, but never finished it for one reason or another. It has an incredible October/Halloween vide to it. It also is one of those games that you can tell is very special and is deserving of its reputation. So far I'm really enjoying it despite dying abut 10-times already within the first couple hours of the game :p

Other than that I'll be playing Deathsmiles as part of a Facebook group I belong to, and am curious to see how that game is since I'm a fan of most other SHMUPs Cave has made. It was picked since it supposedly has a very Halloweenish vibe.

azure

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2019, 03:26:26 am »
I've done a playthrough of Deadly Premonition every October since 2013. Also attempting to run through the classic Castlevania games this year.

thewelshman

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2019, 02:20:28 pm »
I started White Day sometime ago, but quickly pushed it aside for other games. Might start it back up. I've been interested in playing Sweet Home after seeing ProJared play it. I do have Until Dawn, and Deadly Premonition from the PSN monthly games I could break out.

kashell

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2019, 08:07:05 am »
Just in time for the season, NG arrived yesterday. I already started it. If it's anything like Death Mark, then I'm in for a good time.

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2019, 08:30:51 am »
I lost my first (and hopefully only) character in Until Dawn last night.  I don’t like that their fate was determined by a single mistaken action like 2 hours before when I had literally done everything else right.