Author Topic: Interest check for a monthly game club  (Read 773 times)

Interest check for a monthly game club
« on: October 04, 2019, 01:55:25 pm »
Decided to make this post to see if there was any interest in a book club type thing but for video games.

The group as a whole would pick a game out each month to play (we can set parameters to narrow down the field). Everyone would play through as much of the chosen game that they can during the month and the whole while we will be discussing our thoughts and progress on the game.

Then the next month we pick another game and do the same thing.

Anybody up for this? We're still early in October, so we could start one this month.

This is something that can help some of us get back into game playing and delving into our collections!

Re: Interest check for a monthly game club
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2019, 01:55:42 pm »
Reserved.  :D

Re: Interest check for a monthly game club
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2019, 01:58:28 pm »
I've seen this in a ton of places, I think we had one for a short period... it never lasts.  You wind up with months with like 5-10 games where every game gets like 1 vote and nothing or multiple things win.

Plus you run that whole thing where its too easy to have folks not participate because they don't own the game.

All that being said... I'd try to participate... but fitting a new game in while I'm already playing 3 other games is pretty tough.