Author Topic: BoboFatt's collection and question/answer thread  (Read 8034 times)

Re: BoboFatt's collection and question/answer thread
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2017, 01:33:22 pm »
Some updates.

My dad found my old TI99, but no games.  It still works and is in pretty good shape.

I was able to get the last two Time Out games I had as a kid for a reasonable price. 

My skin was wearing on my 3DS, so I rewrapped it in a Sopiguard. 

I made a quick, easy tiered shelf out of cardboard duct tape and some spray paint, to display all my handhelds.

With my new items, I had to add a couple of new cabinets and move things around in order to display everything.

I finally got a chance to play around with and add LEDs.  I only need a couple of more handhelds and a lot of games to complete my collection.

For when I'm playing a PS game...

For when I'm playing an Xbox game.

He's no good to me skinny.

rayne315

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2017, 02:26:59 pm »
those LED's look amazing.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2017, 11:50:56 am »
those LED's look amazing.

Thank you.  Took me five hours of contorting and sweating to get them all in the right spot.

I went to a local gaming convention yesterday and picked up some want items (and some dups in error) all for prices I thought were reasonable.  Todays haul...

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2017, 01:52:21 pm »
Nice setup. Mine used to look similar although nowhere near as cool. I moved, had kids, and various other life events so I have been needing to get things back in order. Probably do something really similar to your setup.

I became a little depressed that I had to get rid of some of my systems when I needed some cash. A mint Sega Mark III in box that had never been removed probably being the rarest of the things that I had sell. I never organized my display again since that time. It didn't help that my Neo Geo AES stopped working shortly after and now I have a few holes in my collection that I haven't been able to afford to fill. I think I am ready to come to the realization that my collection will need to be organized the way it is now instead of waiting for the far off future state.
The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2017, 01:46:55 pm »
Nice setup. Mine used to look similar although nowhere near as cool. I moved, had kids, and various other life events so I have been needing to get things back in order. Probably do something really similar to your setup.

I became a little depressed that I had to get rid of some of my systems when I needed some cash. A mint Sega Mark III in box that had never been removed probably being the rarest of the things that I had sell. I never organized my display again since that time. It didn't help that my Neo Geo AES stopped working shortly after and now I have a few holes in my collection that I haven't been able to afford to fill. I think I am ready to come to the realization that my collection will need to be organized the way it is now instead of waiting for the far off future state.

Thank you for the kind words.

"Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans."

Family comes first.  Our hobbies are just for fun.  Collections grow, they shrink, focuses change, priorities get shifted.  There's no reason though that you can't enjoy what you have now.  Most of us want more than what we have or can afford.  You can always change it later, and change it again, and again.  Dig that stuff out and enjoy it!

shepard11

« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2017, 03:48:02 pm »
Thanks for the share. My wife and i just moved into our new house on Saturday and I've been mounting shelves and displays for two days. And after that I get to put everything in order where they need to be. But I have a feeling I'll probably change my mind like a million times. But I liked your console set up so much. I kinda took your idea even with the lights. Probably going to take me a good year to get everything up to where I want it. Good thing I got the house for at least the next 30 years.

« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2017, 05:38:05 pm »
Thanks for the share. My wife and i just moved into our new house on Saturday and I've been mounting shelves and displays for two days. And after that I get to put everything in order where they need to be. But I have a feeling I'll probably change my mind like a million times. But I liked your console set up so much. I kinda took your idea even with the lights. Probably going to take me a good year to get everything up to where I want it. Good thing I got the house for at least the next 30 years.

For sure.  I really do enjoy looking at others collections to get ideas, find things I didn't know about, or things I forgot about.  Moving to a new house is exciting, blank slate.  Please share when you get a chance.

« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2019, 03:45:55 pm »
Pardon the necrobump, but this post is so darn cool.

I love posts like these.

I would have loved to see any updates bobofatt made to his game room since the last time he posted.

« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2020, 04:35:30 pm »
Pardon the necrobump, but this post is so darn cool.

I love posts like these.

I would have loved to see any updates bobofatt made to his game room since the last time he posted.

No zombies here.  Thanks for the nice words.  I've been busy with some other collections so I haven't been here in a long minute.  I haven't made a lot of changes, but I'll see if I can post a couple of updates when I get a chance.