Author Topic: Early Game Boys Vs. Sega Game Gears: And Other Handhelds Discussion  (Read 5461 times)

sworddude

Re: Early Game Boys Vs. Sega Game Gears: And Other Handhelds Discussion
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2019, 07:01:01 am »

I don't usually say this on here because I know it'll offend people.  And it's only my preference.  And I don't want to be that console fanboy guy.  But quite honestly.  Sega was never even close to Nintendo in anything they made.  Even with their peak which is the Genesis in most people's eyes. 
  The Genesis isn't even close to the Super Nintendo imo.  It can't even sit at the same table.   Gameboy trumps Gamegear,   Trumps Nomad.     Then if we get into pinnacle gameboys like Advance SP.  Folding screen DS.   Boy the margain gets larger.   

Yeah, I have to agree with you.

the both of you either have zero genesis games to a very small collection of 10ish games mainly sports with 2 sonics and altered beast

That's not really a fair shot to just diss the console.

i would say the exact same thing if i where in marvel's shoes since yea for sure the snes side would look a ton greener with that genesis collection.

not to be like the devil but to say that the snes is miles ahead of genesis while you both either have zero to few mainly mediocre titles Kinda hard to make it a solid argument in my opinion.

not saying that you have to prefer the genesis over snes everyone has their preferences.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

pzeke

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2019, 08:05:15 am »
I've played my fair share of Genesis games over the years, and it’s my personal preference, the SNES is better to me and I feel is miles ahead. I remember way back then a friend of mine tried to introduce me to the Genesis, and, first of all, he eagerly though Sonic would be the selling point, which wasn't for me; and secondly, he had hardly any games that were appealing to me; Streets of Rage and I think Rocket Knight Adventures were the only two games that really made me "oh and ah". Years later I would have the chance to properly be "introduced" to the console, but, again, I wasn't wowed. Don't get me wrong, the console isn’t without its good games and hidden gems, but, again, personal preference, it doesn’t come close to the SNES.

And just in case my take wasn’t clear, the operative phrase in all of this being personal preference.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2023, 05:11:27 pm by pzeke »

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

sworddude

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2019, 08:21:46 am »
the sonic games aren't that great far from being the consoles best games such an over rated series even when it was at it's peak.

mario on the other hands has always been quality always near the top of the better games on the system.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 08:23:39 am by sworddude »

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2019, 02:30:06 pm »

I don't usually say this on here because I know it'll offend people.  And it's only my preference.  And I don't want to be that console fanboy guy.  But quite honestly.  Sega was never even close to Nintendo in anything they made.  Even with their peak which is the Genesis in most people's eyes. 
  The Genesis isn't even close to the Super Nintendo imo.  It can't even sit at the same table.   Gameboy trumps Gamegear,   Trumps Nomad.     Then if we get into pinnacle gameboys like Advance SP.  Folding screen DS.   Boy the margain gets larger.   

the both of you either have zero genesis games to a very small collection of 10ish games mainly sports with 2 sonics and altered beast

i would say the exact same thing if i where in marvel's shoes since yea for sure the snes side would look a ton greener with that genesis collection.

not to be like the devil but to say that the snes is miles ahead of genesis while you both either have zero to few mainly mediocre titles Kinda hard to make it a solid argument in my opinion.

not saying that you have to prefer the genesis over snes everyone has their preferences.

The on site collections don't always reflect one's experience with said console.  I just think I have less games for it because I prefer SNES. Not because I never played them.  I actually like Genesis quite a lot.  I just think SNES is leagues above Genesis in almost every way.   

As for libraries I just think their comes a point in the lineups where Sega just can't keep up anymore.   It starts off really competitive.  Sonic vs Mario debate.  The iconic Ristar,  games like Kirby. And Moonwalker and Streets of Rage facing off against games like Final Fight.  Hyperstone Heist vs Turtles in Time,  who had the better batman game.  Ect..  But then always comes a point in the argument where the SNES guy pulls out the Holy trinity.  The Thanos Infinity gauntlet of gaming.   Super Metroid, Link to the Past and Donkey Kong Country.   And while the Genesis guy starts sweating, clammering for words because of the prophecy being spoke upon him,  the SNES guy drops a good ol fashioned Final Fantasy III (VI)  as an atom bomb to top off the sundae.     

I'm sure some bias comes into play because I was an SNES baby.  But I just don't think Genesis has any answer to that imo.  And I stand by saying it's not very close.  That's just too much gold to compete with.  And not to mention Donkey Kong Country had 3 installments.  And nobody touched on Mario Kart and F Zero yet.  Sega has it's RPGs.  Great ones.   It's one of the best consoles of all time for RPGs.    Phantasy Star II and Beyond Oasis were amazing.   But Final Fantasy III (VI)?  Tough to compete with that.  Exclusive for exclusive the distance between them becomes far imo.    Further than the sales show.

But with Gameboy vs Nomad and Gamegear.  I'd say it's even worst.  Genesis is very debatable.  And it dominates a few genres like Sports titles, possibly beat em ups.  But with gameboy. Mario Land alone just by and far was one of the greatest handheld franchises of all time.  Then Pokemon?   Oh lordy lol. 

But I think that's the beauty of the 16 bit wars.  It will never end.  It's actually pretty refreshing we are bringing it up.  It reminds me of the same things I used to say on the bus to school.   It's like time stands still sometimes. :)   This whole thread has been very nostalgic. 
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 03:00:33 pm by marvelvscapcom2 »

sworddude

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2019, 03:39:41 pm »

The on site collections don't always reflect one's experience with said console.  I just think I have less games for it because I prefer SNES. Not because I never played them.  I actually like Genesis quite a lot.  I just think SNES is leagues above Genesis in almost every way.   

As for libraries I just think their comes a point in the lineups where Sega just can't keep up anymore.   It starts off really competitive.  Sonic vs Mario debate.  The iconic Ristar,  games like Kirby. And Moonwalker and Streets of Rage facing off against games like Final Fight.  Hyperstone Heist vs Turtles in Time,  who had the better batman game.  Ect..  But then always comes a point in the argument where the SNES guy pulls out the Holy trinity.  The Thanos Infinity gauntlet of gaming.   Super Metroid, Link to the Past and Donkey Kong Country.   And while the Genesis guy starts sweating, clammering for words because of the prophecy being spoke upon him,  the SNES guy drops a good ol fashioned Final Fantasy III (VI)  as an atom bomb to top off the sundae.     

I'm sure some bias comes into play because I was an SNES baby.  But I just don't think Genesis has any answer to that imo.  And I stand by saying it's not very close.  That's just too much gold to compete with.  And not to mention Donkey Kong Country had 3 installments.  And nobody touched on Mario Kart and F Zero yet.  Sega has it's RPGs.  Great ones.   It's one of the best consoles of all time for RPGs.    Phantasy Star II and Beyond Oasis were amazing.   But Final Fantasy III (VI)?  Tough to compete with that.  Exclusive for exclusive the distance between them becomes far imo.    Further than the sales show.

But with Gameboy vs Nomad and Gamegear.  I'd say it's even worst.  Genesis is very debatable.  And it dominates a few genres like Sports titles, possibly beat em ups.  But with gameboy. Mario Land alone just by and far was one of the greatest handheld franchises of all time.  Then Pokemon?   Oh lordy lol. 

But I think that's the beauty of the 16 bit wars.  It will never end.  It's actually pretty refreshing we are bringing it up.  It reminds me of the same things I used to say on the bus to school.   It's like time stands still sometimes. :)   This whole thread has been very nostalgic.

first of all a nomad is console games on a handheld no competition miles ahead of gameboy naturally it's like a snes on the go if where talking consoles. it has genesis games not gamegear. it was pricy and bad marketing nothing to do with quality for poor sales just like the turbo express for turbografx/pc engine games.

furthermore sonic vs mario is not a competition that's like a slaughterfest in wich mario comes out on top easily i'll give it that.

the shootemups on snes are way worse than on the genesis not to mention very few in comparison let alone titles that can even hold a candle to musha, thunder force IV battlemania or truxton to name a few. the snes has few shootemups and most of them suffer from slow downs since the snes can't handle it except for a select few. the snes is a poor mans shootemup console there is almost nothing.

Castlevania and contra are better on genesis.

Bloodlines looked less pixelated and had better gameplay than super castlevania IV bloodlines on genesis also has arguably the best music in the entire castlevania series. and contra hardcops was just 2d contra all the way instead of 50% pixelated top down gameplay wich was way less fun. did i forget to mention that both sega games have multiple paths and characters with different weapons?

those are two very iconic series of the 16bit era Kinda a heavy blow towards snes I'd say  :o

Where are the action platformers run & gun games such as alien soldier gunstar heroes shinobi III rocket  knight revenge of shinobi etc etc The snes is lacking in that department aswell yes there are some excellent ones such as actraiser hagane and such but there is way less action. again the processing power on genesis was higher than on snes. the genesis can handle more things at once.

have you ever played final fight on snes? only 2 enemies on the screen at once you serious it was a very poor arcade port the action is meh very subpar even the later ones arent that fantastic with flaws. streets of rage II is way better tons of enemies at all times. the snes lacked horsepower unlike the genesis

also way fewer arcade ports on snes than on genesis. genesis has tons of fun arcade ports and while snes also has it's fair share it's way less than genesis.

Games like splatterhouse series to violent for snes that's kinda sad in my opinion.

Snes is good with rpg's but turn based strategy rpg's even the japanese games do not come close to shining force 1 and 2. in that department the best turn based rpg of the 16 bit era genesis comes out on top.

also phantasy star IV isnt that much worse than final fantasy III if not better depending on what rpg's you like.

here are some other reasons why i prefer genesis over snes.

speaking of legend of zelda snes the 3d zelda's are just straight up better
super metroid it's good but castlevania symphony of the night did it way better
you want 2d kirby. ds did it better with squeek attack and super star
2d fighting games. 16 bit era was pretty poor for that even on snes. there are way better consoles tto play street fighter on and where not talking modern ones to get arcade perfect ports. tons of them 2d fighting games in general way better consoles for those.

The snes in certain departments is way behind genesis. mascot games and rpg's is where it's at for snes otherwise It's genesis. Since i mainly play action based games for retro stuff I'm sticking with genesis. i do enjoy my games for snes but it's worse in the departments that i mainly play retro games for.

mario and zelda have superior games in 3D in my opinion.

mario 64 and ocarina of time and up is where it's at. minus mario 3d land on wii u that was an abomination.

i can go on but i'll leave it at that.

a ton of the snes strong points i'd rather play those on other consoles, i don't really have that issue with the genesis. even if other consoles did not have the better options the win still goes to genesis since action packed games is what I mainly seek for 2d retro stuff.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 05:30:52 pm by sworddude »

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2019, 05:44:31 pm »

first of all a nomad is console games on a handheld no competition miles ahead of gameboy naturally it's like a snes on the go if where talking consoles. it has genesis games not gamegear. it was pricy and bad marketing nothing to do with quality for poor sales just like the turbo express for turbografx/pc engine games.

furthermore sonic vs mario is not a competition that's like a slaughterfest in wich mario comes out on top easily i'll give it that.

the shootemups on snes are way worse than on the genesis not to mention very few in comparison let alone titles that can even hold a candle to musha, thunder force IV battlemania or truxton to name a few. the snes has few shootemups and most of them suffer from slow downs since the snes can't handle it except for a select few. the snes is a poor mans shootemup console there is almost nothing.

Bloodlines looked less pixelated and had better gameplay than super castlevania IV arguably the best music in the entire castlevania series. and contra hardcops was just 2d contra all the way instead of 50% pixelated top down gameplay wich was way less fun. did i forget to mention that both sega games have multiple paths and characters with different weapons?

those are two very iconic series of the 16bit era Kinda a heavy blow towards snes I'd say  :o

Where are the action platformers run & gun games such as alien soldier gunstar heroes shinobi III rocket  knight revenge of shinobi etc etc The snes is lacking in that department aswell yes there are some excellent ones such as actraiser hagane and such but there is way less action. again the processing power on genesis was higher than on snes. the genesis can handle more things at once.

have you ever played final fight on snes? only 2 enemies on the screen at once you serious it was a very poor arcade port the action is meh very subpar even the later ones arent that fantastic with flaws. streets of rage II is way better tons of enemies at all times. the snes lacked horsepower unlike the genesis

also way fewer arcade ports on snes than on genesis. genesis has tons of fun arcade ports and while snes also has it's fair share it's way less than genesis.

Games like splatterhouse series to violent for snes that's kinda sad in my opinion.

Snes is good with rpg's but turn based strategy rpg's even the japanese games do not come close to shining force 1 and 2. in that department the best turn based rpg of the 16 bit era genesis comes out on top.

also phantasy star IV isnt that much worse than final fantasy III if not better depending on what rpg's you like.

2d fighting games. 16 bit era was pretty poor for that even on snes. there are way better consoles tto play street fighter on and where not talking modern ones to get arcade perfect ports. tons of them 2d fighting games in general way better consoles for those.

The snes in certain departments is way behind genesis. mascot games and rpg's is where it's at for snes otherwise It's genesis. Since i mainly play action based games for retro stuff I'm sticking with genesis. i do enjoy my games for snes but it's worse in the departments that i mainly play retro games for.

mario 64 and ocarina of time and up is where it's at. minus mario 3d land on wii u that was an abomination.

a ton of the snes strong points i'd rather play those on other consoles, i don't really have that issue with the genesis. even if other consoles did not have the better options the win still goes to genesis since action packed games is what I mainly seek for 2d retro stuff.

I agree with you on a lot of these.  Like how Castlevania is better on Genesis.  Especially Contra. But their are a few of examples of the opposite too.   Like Turtles in Time is better than Hyperstone Heist and SNES certainly got the better Batman game.  I think Maximum Carnage and Zombies ate My Nieghbors both perform much better on SNES.  And street fighter turbo is better than the Genesis street fighter.  Batman Adventures of Batman and Robin is amazing.    So their is a few that go the other way. 

Than some of your critiques about better Zelda games coming later seems unfair.  Mostly because the console they are on is much superior and they are different genre.   I think Super Mario World is better than Super Mario 64 as a whole.  I think it paved the way more culturally and is more accessible and iconic. 

I think one big thing we haven't touched on is the controller too.  SNES came out of the box perfection.  6 buttons, right where they belong.  Shoulder buttons that controllers are still copying today.   Genesis had 3 buttons out of the box and some games you had to press select to change what they did because it just didn't have enough.  Than you had to go out and buy a 6 button controller later.  It was a mess. 

Than of course,  Super Metroid.   The standard of all metroidvania games.  The whole trinity of gaming.   Although you don't prefer them.  I still think they beat most if not all of Sega's outings.   LTTP,  Super Metroid, DKC and FF3 are pretty tough tandem. 

Gameboy in fairness while a traditional handheld,  still probably has a more impressive library than Genesis.  It's unfair to compare because one is a console game.  But Gameboy had Warioland and Pokemon.  Genesis can't touch Pokemon's realm.  I don't even think SNES can without a gameboy player attatchment.  Pokemon was something special that we will probably never witness again in our lives.   

sworddude

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2019, 06:45:58 pm »

Bloodlines looked less pixelated and had better gameplay than super castlevania IV arguably the best music in the entire castlevania series. and contra hardcops was just 2d contra all the way instead of 50% pixelated top down gameplay wich was way less fun. did i forget to mention that both sega games have multiple paths and characters with different weapons?

I agree with you on a lot of these.  Like how Castlevania is better on Genesis.  Especially Contra. But their are a few of examples of the opposite too.   Like Turtles in Time is better than Hyperstone Heist and SNES certainly got the better Batman game.  I think Maximum Carnage and Zombies ate My Nieghbors both perform much better on SNES.  And street fighter turbo is better than the Genesis street fighter.  Batman Adventures of Batman and Robin is amazing.    So their is a few that go the other way. 

Than some of your critiques about better Zelda games coming later seems unfair.  Mostly because the console they are on is much superior and they are different genre.   I think Super Mario World is better than Super Mario 64 as a whole.  I think it paved the way more culturally and is more accessible and iconic. 

I think one big thing we haven't touched on is the controller too.  SNES came out of the box perfection.  6 buttons, right where they belong.  Shoulder buttons that controllers are still copying today.   Genesis had 3 buttons out of the box and some games you had to press select to change what they did because it just didn't have enough.  Than you had to go out and buy a 6 button controller later.  It was a mess. 

Than of course,  Super Metroid.   The standard of all metroidvania games.  The whole trinity of gaming.   Although you don't prefer them.  I still think they beat most if not all of Sega's outings.   LTTP,  Super Metroid, DKC and FF3 are pretty tough tandem. 

Gameboy in fairness while a traditional handheld,  still probably has a more impressive library than Genesis.  It's unfair to compare because one is a console game.  But Gameboy had Warioland and Pokemon.  Genesis can't touch Pokemon's realm.  I don't even think SNES can without a gameboy player attatchment.  Pokemon was something special that we will probably never witness again in our lives.   

batman & robin was totally different on genesis as a multiplayer game being close to a run and gun. In my opinion better than the more easy more cinematic snes game and the dark music on genesis for that title is golden. also multiplayer vs single player genesis does

also your still forgetting the lacluster library of shoot em ups for the snes not to mention the slow downs for that genre on snes. genesis dominates for shoot em ups there is no contest at all

Not to mention action plartformers and run & gun for genesis again very lackluster on snes in comparison.

anyways about gameboy classic.

so your saying that castlevania and contra are better on genesis yet your saying that gameboy has the better library.

pokemon red and blue arent that great, the later instalments mainly on gba and ds where great and even than i wouldnt say it is better more preference. also pokemon games arent golden standard for games, heck most hardcore rpg or players or people in genral look down upon pokemon games and don't want to invest time into them. they are easy they are for kids it's kinda overhyped.

the gameboy library is sub par compared to the snes or genesis library. I rarely play black & white gameboy games since they arent that great in comparison.

Gameboy grapics and gameplay where minimal it comes near the atari 2600 realm of simple I absolutely can't see your logic. gameboy library was mediocre. GBA was miles better but is worse than snes let alone the gameboy classic

The gameboy classic might be one of the least interesting nintendo consoles to play games on by far. again gba is inferior snes console gameboy classic is NES but a hell lot worse.

gameboy classic library compared to genesis library there is no comparison genesis wins no contest.

That's like comparing an atari 2600 to an snes you've got to be kidding me.

your logic at least for gameboy makes no sense at all your blinded by nostalgia for that system.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

also as far as 2d mario and zelda vs 3d mario zelda

You can't really improve 2d mario or zelda games on newer consoles they are already close to perfect on snes. even on a brand new console your not going to make them any better aside from hd grapics.

The thing is though 3d mario has sounds the world are more immersive life like. same goes for goes for zelda. The characters and side characters are a hell lot more lovable in those series in the 3d games. the goofy stuff with mario and luigi them stupid yet lovable voices. the stupid beedle shop keeper saying thank you the ganondorf fights. the 2d games for those series they can't give that.

twilight princess, windwaker breath of the wild. I'd take those over link to the past any day.

mario 64/ sunshine galaxy 1 & 2 again I'd take that over super mario world any day of the week no contest for me.

has nothing to do with being on a superior console you can't really improve the 2d games that much they are already as good as they can be on snes. there is not much that one can do aside from making the games bigger but that's not going to solve that problem.

kirby is a nice example of 2d being better than 3d but some series just fit a hell lot better in 3D mario and zelda especially.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 07:17:50 pm by sworddude »

ferraroso

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2019, 09:39:39 am »
Well, the Sega Master System is my favorite video game console ever, and since the Game Gear is kind of a portable Master System, it easily takes the cake in my opinion!

Warmsignal

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2019, 01:08:27 pm »
VGC is a land of SEGA dissing. Many of these haters in my mind who clearly haven't played, or at least haven't played anything SEGA in a while. There's certainly some fanboy-ism that goes on here, and even though I will admit I am a pretty die hard Nintendo fan, I refuse to be a fanboy of anything. I still love SEGA and I think most of their stuff is great. SEGA in my mind is in fact, very close in quality to Nintendo. SNES vs Genesis is an internal debate I've not been able to yet resolve, although I learn towards SNES. To state that Genesis, or SEGA as a whole, is nothing compared to Nintendo is just smack-talking nonsense. Not having SEGA back in the day, or not investing in it nowadays, is no excuse to write it off like it's Atari or Tiger, or something of that caliber. Absolutely not.

SEGA always put out solid hardware, and great games. They never understood the western market very well, and made lots of terrible decisions for their business, but as developers they were and will always be one of the greats. If you prefer to stick your head in the sand and pretend like you're missing out on nothing by never touching anything SEGA, then by all means carry on doing just that. Just don't expect to be taken seriously when your SEGA cred is basically zero and you're talking huge levels of smack.

sworddude

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2019, 01:22:30 pm »
I couldn't have said it any better.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 01:24:09 pm by sworddude »

pzeke

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2019, 02:00:44 pm »
I like Tiger handhelds; I used to have loads of them growing up until one day they were accidentally trashed during a spring cleanup.

I don't believe anyone here was dissing or talking smack about Sega. Quite the opposite, the discussion that took place had no ounce of reproach to Sega and its console. Personally, I think if I were a hater, I wouldn't even be considering getting a Sega Genesis Mini. Granted, I'm trying to get it cheap, but I still want one.

I certainly mean no disrespect to you, but I kind of feel that comment came out of left field.

When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2019, 02:29:55 pm »
It's a shame that SEGA does not have a modern console or modern day handheld. I got nothing against SEGA or Nintendo, but yet, why the heck did Nintendo take so long to make a handheld with a colored back-lit screen?

and why did the original Gameboy have a green screen?

February 2003, marked the vary first mainstream back lit color screen handheld for Nintendo

October 6, 1990 is when the SEGA Game Gear came out about 12-13 years before the Nintendo GameBoy Advance SP :-\
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

sworddude

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2019, 02:31:40 pm »
I like Tiger handhelds; I used to have loads of them growing up until one day they were accidentally trashed during a spring cleanup.

I don't believe anyone here was dissing or talking smack about Sega. Quite the opposite, the discussion that took place had no ounce of reproach to Sega and its console. Personally, I think if I were a hater, I wouldn't even be considering getting a Sega Genesis Mini. Granted, I'm trying to get it cheap, but I still want one.

I certainly mean no disrespect to you, but I kind of feel that comment came out of left field.

are you sure?

marvelvscapcom2 said that even a gameboy classic was miles ahead of genesis.

there is no logic in that anymore that's just fanboism at it's finest

a gameboy classic comes pretty close to atari 2600 lvl's of gameplay and visuals it's a joke to compare that to a genesis it's one of the least interesting nintendo systems to play games for.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 02:35:24 pm by sworddude »

pzeke

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2019, 03:55:39 pm »
are you sure?

marvelvscapcom2 said that even a gameboy classic was miles ahead of genesis.

there is no logic in that anymore that's just fanboism at it's finest

a gameboy classic comes pretty close to atari 2600 lvl's of gameplay and visuals it's a joke to compare that to a genesis it's one of the least interesting nintendo systems to play games for.

marvelvscapcom2 can fight his own battles, but I don't think he ever said that. Did he say the SNES is miles ahead of the Genesis? Yes, yes he did. And so did I, for the sake of transparency (although it's right there for everyone to see). But did he say the Game Boy is miles ahead of the Genesis? No.

None of these say the Game Boy is miles ahead of the Genesis. One is talking about the competition between the Game Boy and the Nomad and Game Gear. And sure, he says the handheld has an impressive library of games compared to the Genesis, but that's not saying the Game Boy is ahead of the Genesis. Not even in the slightest.

This isn't my battle, but I think we need to be fair.

Warmsignal

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2019, 04:29:01 pm »

I'm sure you do. But there's no denying Tiger was about as cheaply made, and as low effort as you could possibly get back in the day without buying something straight up bootleg.

I will refer you back to exhibit A

And I don't want to be that console fanboy guy.  But quite honestly.  Sega was never even close to Nintendo in anything they made.  Even with their peak which is the Genesis in most people's eyes.    The Genesis isn't even close to the Super Nintendo imo.  It can't even sit at the same table.

That's an ounce, maybe even a metric ton. I've seen loads of comments akin to this, if not within this thread, then in others. There are SEGA haters among us, who dismiss and judge the entirety of the company as sub-par or not worthy of their time. To be fair, there's also a lot of unwarranted disdain towards the Xbox brand as well, because in certain circles it's not seen as hardcore enough. I'm just saying there is some fanboy-ism present when discussions of certain brands like SEGA or Xbox come up from time to time.