Author Topic: Collector, Gamer or Reseller. Which do you consider yourself the most of?  (Read 7235 times)

Warmsignal

Re: Collector, Gamer or Reseller. Which do you consider yourself the most of?
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2019, 11:36:03 am »
Mostly a collector right now, if I'm honest. I just haven't reached that definitive point in my life yet where I want to relax and just invest a bunch of time into playing. I've heard others mention the strategy of collecting to play at retirement... that's kind of my excuse right now. Maybe not retirement, but I want to "finish" collecting before I really start to get into playing. For whatever reason, I just can't juggle both at the same time.

I realized that there's plenty more I wanted to grab, but I'm making solid progress with my goals as of late and there is an end on the horizon. Who knows, I might end up not even keeping a chunk of the things I've picked up over the years. I'm already planning a purge in the not so distant future, mostly of things I picked up in error long ago, namely a lot of strategy and RPG games. But I wouldn't be surprised to see my collection begin to be refined in the coming years with the loss of some games, and the addition of others. Less major time commitment games, and more pick up and play ones overall.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 11:41:54 am by Warmsignal »

« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2019, 12:51:29 pm »
As of this summer, I have leaned towards 90% gamer, 10% collector as I feel at this point that I dont feel the need to pick up just about any random anything to add to the collection like I used to. In fact prior to this thanksgiving, the last time I bought this many games in a given month was earlier this year was back in April. Now to be fair, there have been some games I have been getting on PC since getting a gaming laptop but for the most part they were just existing games I have so they werent really new nor physical so safe to say I have been weaning off. Plus I had taken a bunch of games that I had no desire to play them and sold them off or trade in and now I have bit more room than I had before for my shelves which for me was a relief because I felt like clutter was around me even though I have my stuff organized. That said, my priority this coming year with gaming is more playing what I have and less buying. If I intend to buy, it will be either something thats coming up or something that I want rather than whatever lying around for next to nothing. I feel like my collection where it stands is at a good point where other than a few things, I dont desire too much now.

« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2019, 10:39:23 pm »
70% collector 29% gamer 1% reseller

I find myself playing a lot more arcade games lately and only a handful of console games I pick up. Most you can run through in less than 30 minutes.
It’s rare that I sell something once I buy it. I don’t typically buy lots because I don’t have the time to try and flip all the crap I don’t want to keep.
Most of my dupes will eventually be traded down the road if I ever come across the hard to find stuff I’m looking for.

« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2019, 11:53:11 pm »
A gamer. I like having the physical copy of a game but at the end of th day idc, as long as I can play the game.

« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2019, 12:21:14 am »
Definitely more of a gamer than a collector now. My wish list only has three currently released games on it.

Not a reseller. I've considered it but it seems like too much of a hassle to start selling on eBay. I'd rather trade in at a game store.

pzeke

« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2019, 08:34:39 am »
I’m all three equally. While sporadically at the moment, I still play my games; I’m obviously a collector given all the crap I’ve amassed over the years, not only related to video games, but in regards to other hobbies; and I’m, to the dismay of some, a reseller as well. I’ve recently bought a good number of lots specifically with the intention of reselling. This is something I’ve been doing for the longest time now, and admit at times I would feel ashamed, but I sincerely could care less whatever stigma that word carries anymore—reselling helps me fund this hobby for the most part. One thing is for sure, though; I may be a reseller, but definitely not a scalper.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2023, 04:40:43 pm by pzeke »

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2019, 10:38:26 am »
I'm a collector. I had a rather large collection years ago and regrettably sold it all. I started amassing my collection again about two years ago. I'm up to 27 systems currently and always looking for more. I'm mostly collecting game wise for the Playstation systems. I'll grab games for other systems if they're a good deal, but my main focus is on PS. Lately it's been the survival horror genre exclusively.

doafan

« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2019, 03:50:08 pm »
Can I say the three of them ?, I do collect those games that I love so I do play with them but if I want to purchase a new game and I don't have the money don't have any problem in selling one of my titles to get a new one.

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy