Author Topic: Your Opinions Of Puzzle Games  (Read 2412 times)

Warmsignal

Re: Your Opinions Of Puzzle Games
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2019, 12:12:46 am »
I tend to like them more than I give them credit for. However, there are way too many Tetris and Bust A Move clones out there. I like a puzzle game with a concept that doesn't involve matching colors and shapes to dissolve a grid, once in a while.

sworddude

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2019, 08:42:27 am »
I tend to like them more than I give them credit for. However, there are way too many Tetris and Bust A Move clones out there. I like a puzzle game with a concept that doesn't involve matching colors and shapes to dissolve a grid, once in a while.

titles like zelda or ico to name examples are partly puzzle games aswell so ::)
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2019, 10:19:36 am »
I'm not fond of the cellphone puzzle games much, but I like Puyo Puyo, Panel de Pon, puzzle adventure games, etc.

telly

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2019, 12:31:37 pm »
I also remember enjoying some Picross games, like Pokemon Picross
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kypherion

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2019, 03:18:46 pm »
Only really played Tetris and Puyo Puyo Tetris. Not my exact type of game but fun nonetheless.

The only other "puzzle game" that comes to mind is Phoenix Wright but I'm sure we're all aware of how great that series is.
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2019, 09:00:24 am »
I do love me a good puzzle game! I wouldn't call myself a die-hard, but I enjoy the typically arcade-style gameplay of puzzlers, plus there's some remarkably heavy cross-over with my beloved weird weeb-y niche titles. it certainly doesn't hurt that puzzle games tend to be 'hidden gem' type titles, and can be had on the cheap for most games. Some personal favorites are Columns (the original match-3 gem game!), Octomania (a odd one on the Wii which brings in a timing element) Puyo Puyo Tetris (two great tastes that go great together!), and the newest addition- Crystal Crisis. Quite possibly the best game I never knew I wanted: A spiritual sequel to Super Puzzle Fighter, featuring a crossover cast of indie game icons from titles like Cave Story, the Binding of Issac, Code of Princess... plus Osama Tezuka's Astroboy & Blackjack... and short-lived Turbografx mascot Johnny Turbo... and the whole thing's narrated by Peter Cullen. It's a niche nerd's fever dream and I love it!

pzeke

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2019, 08:49:01 pm »
I don’t play them regularly, but I do like puzzle games. I play mostly Tetris, though, but Meteos for the NDS is quite good.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!