Author Topic: Nintendo Direct 9/4/2019  (Read 2695 times)

Re: Nintendo Direct 9/4/2019
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2019, 04:30:59 pm »

The price is my big sticking point with the ports.  I’m all for a little bit of a Nintendo premium, if it means I can play the games on the go.  But double (or MORE) the current market price of the Wii U version?  Get out of town.  Looking at you Skyrim.
Pretty much all Nintendo switch ports are overpriced. I've yet to play a single port that was better for having been on the console. Aside from being portable, why is everyone so hyped for a system roughly as powerful as a PS3? Even ports of two generation old games aren't really enhanced much aside from the novelty of now being available on a Nintendo console for 30 to 40 bucks more than the current going rate for the game.

It's not the novelty of having on a Nintendo console for a lot of these games - its the ability to play them portably.  Fortunately, the price gouging on ports seems to be pretty much limited to AAA titles.  There are tons of indie games that have same MSRP on Switch that they have elsewhere, and these are the ones that actually excite me.  I never would have played Hollow Knight or The Messenger on PC, but being able to take them to work, on vacation, etc. ?  That's where the value is.  There are definitely games that cost way too much - Skyrim, Doom, Link's Awakening, all of the Wii U ports, but the library is already so good without them that I just try to ignore them best I can.

kypherion

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2019, 09:38:58 pm »
Sans was pretty Epic. I'm excited for Terry in smash as well as some other stuff I'm probably forgetting. Snes games are great too.
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

pzeke

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2019, 07:40:23 am »
I’m not a huge Super Smash Bros. fan, but Terry Bogard stole the show.

The Pokémon stuff was pretty dull. I love the franchise to death, but I wish they stopped pushing gimmicks with each new generation and maybe be a bit more consistent to achieve far more fruitful results. Another generation with some new Mega forms would’ve been quite nice. We're nearing the release date, so we’ll see how the game holds up.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!