Author Topic: Challenges In Games You Refuse To Complete At First  (Read 1206 times)

Challenges In Games You Refuse To Complete At First
« on: October 24, 2019, 02:11:46 pm »
I was just playing "Spiro 3 The Year Of The Dragon" for the original  SONY PlayStation 1.

I am enjoying this game so far, but I've reached a challenge you need to do in order to complete the game That I don't feel like doing unless I wanted to dedicate at least 2-4 hours to master 1 single challenge,

it's the 2nd skateboarding challenge in the game
where if you make one mistake you need to start over it is like a Tony Hawk game challenge. only there is no way to stop or slow down your skateboard it keeps speeding forward. and hitting the walls

If you crash or misaligned just one jump you need to do the whole thing over again

You have to go on a skateboard around a skate park 2 times park chasing a bunch of dragons, the skateboard is always moving and there is no way to stop it from crashing into the walls.

you need to be precise in all your jumps the 2nd challenge around a large skate park park with tons of obstacles and jumps,if you make one mistake and on a jump. or it you don't align your character perfectly, while constantly moving, without stopping, or being able to slow down you need to start over

There are a ton of missions to do but this one 2nd skateboarding mission was too much for me. I just tried 3 times and quit because though I am not upset I just don't want to dedicate 4 hours or more doing this mission in which for me it would take for something like this I know it.

Do you have any stories of challenges you needed to do in a video game that you refused to do because of how much work would be needed to complete this without cheating?

I bought this game for a vary low price and I was wondering why it was so cheap, and I found out exactly why,

MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

thewelshman

Re: Challenges In Games You Refuse To Complete At First
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 02:42:37 pm »
I used to avoid playing games if I saw that the platinum trophy was too difficult to beat. Now I will try and at least get the bulk of the trophies before giving up. My hand-eye coordination and reflexes aren't what they used to be, so platformer or shmups are harder for me and I'll generally avoid them.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 02:45:04 pm by thewelshman »

ferraroso

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 09:38:36 pm »
I couldn't care less about achievements.
Unless it is something that will affect the game's overall story or gameplay, I feel achievements and trophies to be absolutely irrelevant.
So far, the only game I've ever gotten the platinum trophy for was Need for Speed: Rivals on the PS4... And I got it without even noticing... Haha

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2019, 01:19:19 am »
Usually online achievements. For the most part, they wind up either requiring a copious amount of time to complete or the conditions for them are so rare that they're basically impossible without boosting. Not to mention the fact that unless it's a major AAA title, the multiplayer is likely dead.

I'm also not too fond of missable achievements, especially when there's no indicator that something was missed until it's far too late. Unless I absolutely adore the game, I;m not going back and replaying a 50+ hour game for 10 gamerscore.

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2019, 10:55:24 am »
I'm unconcerned with achievements & completing a game as opposed to just beating it- any side content that isn't necessary to roll credits will likely get ignored until after that's happened- and possibly forever depending on how I feel about the game.

I've got a lot of games to go through, unless I find one that I'm really enjoying I'm not grinding out achievements.

rastrum

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2019, 02:44:47 pm »
Getting 100% in GTA games can be a fun list to go through and check off but I really dislike the ambulance missions. I am currently playing San Andreas on Android, the touch controls are good enough to do most stuff in that game. However, I feel like these missions will have me connecting a controller in order to actually complete them without tossing my phone at a wall.

pzeke

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2019, 01:41:43 pm »
I get your indifference toward achievements/trophies, but I’m certain OP isn't talking about those, but more about challenges ingrained in a game that are often necessary to beat it.

Anyway, regarding the topic, go to YouTube, you're bound to find a video or two that you could use as a guide to help you beat the mission/challenge.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!