Author Topic: Why is Pokemon a popular game series still?  (Read 4311 times)

telly

Re: Why is Pokemon a popular game series still?
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2019, 09:07:06 am »
Game Freak has dropped the third game thing in favor of doing direct sequels. The third follow up game hasn't been a thing since Platinum.

So toasted cheese/cracker, then? :D

Ugh now I'm hungry!

If Game Freak made a smoked Brie Pokemon I'd eat that shit up literally
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

pzeke

« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2019, 01:30:21 pm »
Each generation is different, almost always improving on the last, plus it also introduces newer creatures that also draw in the crowd, especially the hardcore fans. The competitive scene is still strong, so that also adds to the status quo of the franchise. Pokémon is Pokémon, as insipidly dull as that may sound. Just like Mario and Zelda, most everyone knows the name; older generation of gamers that grew with the franchise introduce their kids to it, and little kids are often attracted to this sort of games. Not to mention the cartoon/animé that also adds to the series’ popularity. Then you also have the trading card game, which also has a sizable fan base with a healthy competitive scene. And then there's also all the other related merchandise sprinkled about.

Even if the games introduce one-off gimmicks, they know how to attract their audience, and we always bite, hook, line and sinker. I'm not ashamed of it.

The new COD is worst than typhus.   First game to make me contemplate an arrestable offense.   I think maybe warmsignal was right.  This is rushed garbage.  I have destroyed the case so none of you will buy it anymore.  But hopefully some poor sap will give me 20 bucks for it.   I hang my head in shame.

Don't beat yourself over it; at least you can warn others, and hopefully that cleanses your soul and makes up for the travesty that the game seemingly is. Right?

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

sworddude

« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2019, 01:38:35 pm »
The new COD is worst than typhus.   First game to make me contemplate an arrestable offense.   I think maybe warmsignal was right.  This is rushed garbage.  I have destroyed the case so none of you will buy it anymore.  But hopefully some poor sap will give me 20 bucks for it.   I hang my head in shame.

from what i've heard this COD is the darkest most realistic wargame the series has ever been.

your doing some fucked up stuff in single player isnt that a good thing that they achieved this realism that the game makes you feel bad for killing some people in the missions.

unless ofcourse they made multiplayer bad. in terms of the rest they did a good job from what i've read it's a bit to dark for some people but they delivered on a realistic wargame experience.

also considering the massive complaints when pretty much all new call of duty games come out and that those very same people will still end up puchasing and enjoy playing the games afterwards anyways as their main time investment I'm kinda unsure what i have to say to those people.  ::)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 02:12:22 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2019, 02:57:22 pm »

from what i've heard this COD is the darkest most realistic wargame the series has ever been.

your doing some fucked up stuff in single player isnt that a good thing that they achieved this realism that the game makes you feel bad for killing some people in the missions.

unless ofcourse they made multiplayer bad. in terms of the rest they did a good job from what i've read it's a bit to dark for some people but they delivered on a realistic wargame experience.

also considering the massive complaints when pretty much all new call of duty games come out and that those very same people will still end up puchasing and enjoy playing the games afterwards anyways as their main time investment I'm kinda unsure what i have to say to those people.  ::)

The biggest issue I had is that they made one of the modes outright PS exclusive.  So PC and Xbox players who are paying full retail price for the same game get 1/3 of their game completely removed for a year.  And it's not really announced going in properly.  My case even says "spec ops" on it.   It even has achievements for Spec Ops.  A mode I don't even have.  That was my biggest dissappointment.   It was a huge slap in the face.  And it came from greed.  Which is worst of all.  But then they also took out Hardcore free for all.  Which has been a constant in the series since the earliest of entries on 360.  It's the only mode I play competitively and have practiced for years.  And hardcore mode in general has really taken a backseat.  So in a sense.  Multiplayer and Spec ops are both completely ruined on Xbox or PC. 

The campaign is very fun.  Very dark. Probably among the best campaigns it has had. They definitely didn't censor things as you said.  Not to spoil anything, but you do some twisted stuff.  And see some twisted stuff.   It's a step into the boots of a modern soldier.  Not sugar coated.  Not gimicky.  But pretty raw.  And honest with itself.  I love it very much :)

As a whole.  Call of Duty did everything I tried defending them for never having done.  They made a game that is pay to play,  rushed,  half missing,  patch to fix,  lameness.  I started off being depressed.  Still sorta am because I can't really sell it.  Campaign is certainly one of them.   I just can't stand by a developer making a huge chunk of the game console exclusive and not just making the game console exclusive totally.   If Sony paid them enough to give console exclusivity to a mode.  The whole game should have went with it.  But you can't play keep away in some console war tug of war.   

I really hope the next patch adds Hardcore free for all.  Hardcore kill confirmed was added in the last patch.  Things seem to be getting more stable play wise.  Could use a few more maps. 

All and all I exaggerated.  But i'd say IGN's biased review is very generous to the new call of duty.