Author Topic: Server Maintenance - Unexpected Issues  (Read 6267 times)

jason

Server Maintenance - Unexpected Issues
« on: October 23, 2019, 12:33:11 am »
There was some scheduled maintenance at 9pm Eastern. We encountered some issues after this occurred. We lost some of the most recent images that were uploaded for games starting from roughly October 8th. We're looking into the impact of the missing images.

Re: Server Maintenance - Unexpected Issues
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2019, 03:29:27 am »
Very sorry to hear this news :(

I wish the admin team much luck with this.  I hope it can be resolved without much loss.

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2019, 08:56:12 am »
A quick lookover shows 5 images I submitted affected by this. Let me know if I need to re-upload them!

tripredacus

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2019, 10:00:24 am »
Images back to October 7th appear to be gone.
Image edits were rejected for the past day or so due to the new images being missing. So if you got an image edit rejection, this is why.

EDIT: I fixed what I could. I only still had maybe half of the images I had made or updated entries with in the affected time period. But the Genesis/Mega Drive hardware section is fixed.

NOTE: that the statement of "images were lost" is not the only thing. Image edits were reverted on entries, but it is not reflected in the history. For example, on this Laseractive pack:
https://vgcollect.com/item/14538

The entry had the pack as the front art. I renamed the entry on 10-16, put the box art on front art, and the pack on cart art. On 10-23 (this morning) the history was still the same, but the front art was the pack again (as it was on 10-16) and the cart-art was a broken image. Now I re-put the box and cart art back, and see how the history tab appears.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 11:44:47 am by tripredacus »

mark1982

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2019, 10:54:54 pm »
Ah ok, yeah I noticed some of my recent image submissions have reverted back to the old images. I will locate and upload them again.
  l    l 

aliensstudios

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2019, 07:12:38 pm »
How far back does this go? It looks like as far back as October 5th has reverted to the old images for my edits
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

Nickkchilla

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2019, 09:01:17 pm »
I made a few edits that have also disappeared. What should we do? Upload the images again or is this still being worked on?

tripredacus

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2019, 10:06:22 am »
You can re-upload the images again as edits.