Author Topic: 1up Arcade Wishlist  (Read 618 times)

1up Arcade Wishlist
« on: December 15, 2019, 12:16:11 pm »
A person in a facebook gaming group I belong to posted a picture of the Star Wars 1up Arcade cabinet that recently came out, and while I'm not specifically super interested in that cabinet it got me thinking of what cabinets they could release that would peak my interest. I then thought it would make an interesting topic to find out cabs people would like to see released by 1up.

I'm going to preface my wishlist by saying that overall I'm not a huge fan of these 1up cabinets. Yes, they are pretty cool, although I'd honestly use the money that these go for ($200 - $350) and buy an original cabinet, or at least put a large chunk of that money towards the real thing. I do appreciate how convenient and accessible these things are, but in the end they're just emulation, which I can easily do in MAME on my laptop. With that said, there are some games I'd jump all over if ever released, mostly ones that for one reason or another have never felt authentic in MAME for one reason or another.

- Virtua Fighter (including Virtua Fighter, Virtua Fighter 2, and Virtua Fighter 3)
- House of the Dead (includes House of the Dead and House of the Dead 2)
- Virtua Cop (includes Virtua Cop and Virtua Cop 2
- Star Wars 2 (includes Star Wars Arcade and Star Wars Trilogy Arcade)
- Jurassic Park (includes Jurassic Park and The Lost World)
- Time Crisis (includes Time Crisis and Time Crisis 2)
- Cave (includes Dodonpachi, Dodonpachi DaiOhJou, ESP Ra De, and Mushihimesama Futari)
- Raizing (includes Battle Garegga, Armed Police Batrider, Battle Bakraid, and Soukyugurentai)
- Capcom Vs (Marvel vs Capcom, Marvel vs Capcom 2, Capcom vs SNK, Capcom vs SNK 2)

- Cruisn' (Cruisn' USA, Cruisn' World, and Cruisn' Exotica)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 12:19:59 pm by bikingjahuty »

soera

Re: 1up Arcade Wishlist
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2019, 01:45:24 pm »
I would like a Capcom classic. Black tiger, Contra, Ghosts and goblins, Forgotten worlds, maybe a few others too.

I do want the MK one, the TMNT one, and the Marvel ones already. Id love to buy them all and make a mini arcade in my garage too.

Re: 1up Arcade Wishlist
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2019, 09:37:44 pm »
I would like a Capcom classic. Black tiger, Contra, Ghosts and goblins, Forgotten worlds, maybe a few others too.

I do want the MK one, the TMNT one, and the Marvel ones already. Id love to buy them all and make a mini arcade in my garage too.

Space is unfortunately my biggest obstacle in getting any sort of arcade machine, 1up or otherwise. I could probably cram one somewhere, but it would have to be something very special for me to even try. For a variety of reasons I'd be surprised if any of my wishlist ever happened, at least in the configuration I specified.