Author Topic: Ways to view collection  (Read 2385 times)

Ways to view collection
« on: November 03, 2019, 08:44:25 am »
Is the only way to view a collection as a list? I was hoping to be able to view my games in a dense grid with images and/or names.

pzeke

Re: Ways to view collection
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2019, 11:46:06 am »
Yeah, pretty much. Maybe someday some other options can be implemented, but for now you gotta get used to the list.

Anyway, welcome to the fold.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2019, 11:55:09 am »
That's cool, this site is great and it is free. I guess I'd have to take the CSV export and build my own grid box art pics. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't mistakenly missing a feature.

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2019, 06:19:45 pm »
Their is a bookshelf view too.  I forget how to change it to that view.  It's the view I have it in now.  It places the games in a grid look,  4 in a row I believe.  I'll go look into it and update :)

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2019, 06:24:15 pm »
I found it.  You wanna go home,  then hover over the icon that looks like a person in the top right.  Then click settings.   It will bring you to a page.  Then you will see collection view.  Their are 3 views.  One is shelf view which is a grid view kinda like you are saying.  Then their is normal and "new normal".   I have no tried new normal.  But shelf view is pretty cool.   Hope this helps.

pzeke

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2019, 07:02:14 pm »
I completely missed that. But then again the first and only time I changed my settings was when I joined, so... Nonetheless, I fiddled around with the "view" option, and nothing changed. Originally it was in "normal", which is the default setting, then I changed it to "shelf view" and it remained the same. Maybe "normal" is "shelf view" by default?

I dunno. I'm okay with the way it looks.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 07:03:59 pm by pzeke »

When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2019, 10:39:32 pm »
You have to log out to see the changes you made for collection view.

pzeke

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2019, 08:22:54 am »
Makes sense. Maybe the message that you get when you change the settings should be updated to specify that you must log out and long in anew to see these changes.

Regardless, I checked "shelf view" out and no thanks. It's a mess. The list keeps everything organized and tidied up. While I was at it I checked to see what "new normal" does, but I didn't see anything that sets it apart from "normal"; in fact, they're the same.

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2019, 04:28:32 pm »
Yes, I found the normal and the new normal to look exactly the same.