Author Topic: What is your system of preference for new releases?  (Read 1694 times)

What is your system of preference for new releases?
« on: November 04, 2019, 04:16:00 pm »
Xbox One, PS4, Switch or PC?

Re: What is your system of preference for new releases?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2019, 04:23:10 pm »
Mostly depends on the game.  Not counting exclusives that obviously have to be played on the specific system, if it's a shooter, third or first, I'll play on PC, because it's better with a mouse.  These days I try to play my 2D platformers on Switch, because that style of game can be good on the go, though that's not always a guarantee (Bloodstained ended up being bad on Switch).  PS4 is then for kinda anything else as if I beat the game and don't want to keep it, I'll trade or sell it off.

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2019, 04:45:37 pm »
I pick PS4 for 90% of multiplats. Most of the new releases I buy are for he PS4 as well.

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2019, 05:01:00 pm »
I pick PS4 for 90% of multiplats. Most of the new releases I buy are for he PS4 as well.
Why?

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2019, 07:00:57 pm »
Switch for console games. I travel a lot for work, so portability is a key selling feature for me. PC for home gaming.

mark1982

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2019, 12:31:44 am »
Mainly Switch for portability, but if it's a major release then PS4.

Reason being is that I haven't upgraded my PC in ages ( I should ) and Xbox in my region is pretty much dead. Bought one at launch thinking it would have a strong presence like the X360, but the XONE just fell flat on its face here. Retailers don't even carry new releases anymore. PlayStation pretty much dominates in my area.
  l    l 

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2019, 03:22:58 am »
PS4, As it is the only modern system I own

That could change with the Switches release of Xenoblade Chonicles 1 & in time with the Xbox one with it's backwards compatibility & native 4K ability - But if the PS5 plays it's cards right with backwards compabtility & PS4 4K Upscale then I might not need an Xbox One X.

thewelshman

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2019, 09:35:02 am »
PS4 or PC depending on the game. Anything new is played on the PS4, but older games, or are fan translated like the Trails of Zero/Azure series are all PC. I used to primarily play on the Vita, but mostly just use it for remote play when my wife and kids are asleep. Besides the fact that only game being released for it anymore are either from Limited Run Games, or Asian region visual novels. I also broke my right thumb when I was in the 7th grade, giving it a slight curve. So playing my Vita for more than an hour or so makes it swell just slightly and become sore.

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2019, 05:49:44 pm »
I tend to buy all my multi system releases on Xbox one. The system is set up in multiple rooms, so I just need to resync the controller.

Warmsignal

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2019, 09:50:58 pm »
Switch as far as multiplat availability will allow for. It features all of the Nintendo games obviously. I like the novelty of the console, the portability option, the physical game cards over discs, the packaging.

Not every game gets a release on Switch sadly, so then I will default to PS4 because I own one, and the system gets most games in physical release.

I haven’t gotten an Xbox One and if I did it would mainly be for the exclusive games.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2019, 06:51:38 pm »
XBOX ONE X is my mosty used console because I like the controler the best then it would be the SWITCH next because of the games and ability to game on the go.PS4 is my least supported system but I have been getting alot of VR games lately.