Author Topic: Serious Question: Why would anyone buy an XBONE over a PS4?  (Read 30785 times)

Re: Serious Question: Why would anyone buy an XBONE over a PS4?
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2019, 06:00:06 pm »
I've always re-upped when the $1 deal is available.  I've played a ton of games using it.  Right now its only for new users, but the $5 deal is available if you get 3 months.  I went ahead and bit the bullet there so I could start getting my Games with Gold again, and then it ends up being like a $15 3-month rental for The Outer Worlds.

I have like a half dozen games I could play right now with Outer Worlds tomorrow, which is pretty great for the price.  After I'm done with them, it probably wouldn't be an every month thing, but this would get me to play games I'm otherwise waiting on a deep sale for or weren't really super interested in, but was curious to check out.  Like if I had bought Gears of War 4 cheap, I probably wouldn't be super interested in Gears 5 as the gameplay isn't really that great I'm finding, but knowing that Gears of War 5 is practically free for me, there's a good chance I'll check it out.

I'm really curious to know how developers and Microsoft actually make money off this, especially with new games getting put on it.

« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2019, 08:45:23 pm »
Precisely.  It’s how I played the last two Tomb Raiders and RE5.  Didn’t want to buy any of them, but it’s a decent “rental” price

tpugmire

« Reply #62 on: November 08, 2019, 10:23:23 am »
Looks like Costco will be having a sale on the Xbox One this month for $150. It comes with an extra controller and 3 months of game pass. I need someone to talk me out of this, since I don’t really need it, but that’s a pretty good deal.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2019, 11:04:12 am »
Game Pass is a fantastic reason to own an X1 over a PS4.

tpugmire

« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2019, 12:26:56 pm »
Oh, and I already have a PS4 that rarely gets used. I’m more of a Switch guy these days.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

kashell

« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2019, 12:28:42 pm »
Right there with you tpugmire. I'm probably going to shelf my PS4 since it always sounds like it's about to self-destruct. I'll be getting an Xbox One for Christams, anyway.

I spend most of the time on the Switch, too.