Author Topic: Does Anyone Else Sort Their Games By Genre?  (Read 2253 times)

sworddude

Re: Does Anyone Else Sort Their Games By Genre?
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2022, 05:46:15 am »
I also sort them per genre per console. Never liked organizing it by the alphabet, to much of a mix mash for my taste.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

pzeke

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2022, 01:22:20 pm »
Organized by system and alphabetically: it's easier, faster, and less convoluted—it's less of a "stew", if you will.

Movies, music, and books get organized in a similar fashion, first going by franchise, artist/band and author respectively, then alphabetically. Although in the case of movies, I mostly prefer to have them organized just alphabetically.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2022, 05:02:10 pm »
That would make things way too complicated, IMO....at least with a larger collection.

Generally, I keep all my games alphabetically by console. I DO separate games that require peripherals however.

Ex- Xbox 360, most games alpha, but I do have a few that are separate: Kinect Games, Music Games (Rock Band, Guitar Hero, etc), and Toys to life games are in little "mini" groups.
AKA if It can't be played (though I know some music games can be) with a normal controller I separate it.
Like...My PS4 VR games are not mixed in with the rest.

I certainly think if you really focus on certain genres this can be helpful. I just have too much for that to be effective (Well, for me anyway)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2022, 07:30:19 pm »
Systems separate
Order them Alphabetically with exceptions for sequels/prequels

Same with Movies so for example it goes Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2, Army of Darkness, Evil Dead(Remake) in that order.

Music is Artist Alphabetically  but the albums for the Artist are by release date

Doing it by genre is just a headache to me since certain titles can fit Multiple genres

Funny enough the Nintendo Switch's Group System fixes that problem since the same game can be placed in multiple groups. Much better than Folders IMO

brothertuc

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2022, 03:12:29 am »
All my systems are separate, each system by alphabet (only exception is if it's a trilogy or series, then they are organized by when they came out. 1st game first etc.)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2022, 01:23:16 pm »
This discussion went for 2 pages...we are so nerdy.