Author Topic: Data Breach **IMPORTANT**  (Read 1245 times)

Data Breach **IMPORTANT**
« on: December 18, 2019, 01:51:24 pm »
Good morning admins,

Every time I visit this site last few days and sign in, a pop up appears notifying me that a site I visit has a data breach, that Google checks sites against known breached sites and to check my passwords.  I only have this occur on THIS site.  I suspect that either Google has us listed as a site whose member data has been reported as breached OR we have some seriously bad malware embedded into the site trying to trick our members into clicking the link labeled (Check Passwords) and sign into their Google account which would hand over everyone's stored password for all sites.

Keep in mind members, never click links and sign into anything from other sources.  Always visit sites and apps directly and sign in.

Just passing the info along.  Please look into it.

Thank you

desocietas

Re: Data Breach **IMPORTANT**
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2019, 06:07:36 pm »
Hm, I've seen that pop-up today, but never when I visit this site. Clicking through into Google, it'll show me the site(s) that might have insecure passwords with links to help directing you to change or delete them.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2019, 11:31:11 pm »
It could totally be coincidence that this is the site i visit and sign in to when the pop up occurs.
I don't have it occur anywhere else at the moment but here so worth mentioning.

tripredacus

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2019, 10:30:17 am »
Need screenshots of this message.

If it is relating to this feature in chrome:
https://www.welivesecurity.com/2019/12/12/chrome-warnings-password-stolen/

It would specifically mean that your username/password combination is involved in a breach, not particularly that it is relating to this site.

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2019, 10:10:48 pm »
I was logged out and when logging in got this message.