Author Topic: Your collection since 2010, and what you want your collection to be in 2029  (Read 3511 times)

Warmsignal

The problem is you lack self-cotrol. Perhaps if you discipline yourself you'll come to enjoy the hobby. Hobbies are meant to be a way to relax and entertain yourself, not cause you stress; if a hobby isn't working, then it was  never for you. Either that, or you're suffering from collector's fatigue, which could be a possibility given your compulsive behavior.

I feel like the collecting aspect of the hobby is something that I can actually "finish", so that I'll never be compelled to seriously continue adding at that point. The fact that this has become so much more expensive than it was, is the biggest source of my stress. Constantly knowing that I have to be on top of everything that I'd like to have, in order to not get ripped off down the road, or extorted by someone dangling a carrot over my head with an outrageous price tag. In that case, it's always "the sooner the better" when it comes to picking up most things.

It was for me, but when it became quite expensive to do, then it wasn't anymore. Still I continue, because I want to follow through with the kind of goals I set forth from over a decade ago.

pzeke

I feel like the collecting aspect of the hobby is something that I can actually "finish", so that I'll never be compelled to seriously continue adding at that point. The fact that this has become so much more expensive than it was, is the biggest source of my stress. Constantly knowing that I have to be on top of everything that I'd like to have, in order to not get ripped off down the road, or extorted by someone dangling a carrot over my head with an outrageous price tag. In that case, it's always "the sooner the better" when it comes to picking up most things.

It was for me, but when it became quite expensive to do, then it wasn't anymore. Still I continue, because I want to follow through with the kind of goals I set forth from over a decade ago.

The way you collect sounds exhausting.

I know you quoted me, but I feel like you didn’t read what I posted. Trust me when I say that I mean no disrespect, but based on your posts you really lack self-control; you need to look at this for what it is, a hobby. You shouldn’t feel compelled to add anything to your collection if you seriously don’t feel like it, more so if it is getting expensive to the point of causing you stress; stop being compulsive. The way you speak about your collection is as if you were in a competition—you don’t have to have every game you come across right there and then. You’re giving this hobby too much power over you and it’s basically controlling you. You’ll come across a nice deal or two if you allow yourself to be patient.

There was another topic where I suggested you taking a breather from this hobby to try and free up your mind, and I still think you should. Perhaps take up a new hobby to offset this one, or just outright sit down and play some of the video games you already own to distract yourself. Take things slow.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!