Author Topic: What Games, Consoles (etc) Do You Remember Having in Childhood?  (Read 2197 times)

Re: What Games, Consoles (etc) Do You Remember Having in Childhood?
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2019, 01:36:41 pm »
In order as a kid I had

1. N64 (3 years old)
2. PS1 (5-7 years old)
3. PS2 (7-9 years old)
4. 360 (10 years old)
5. XB1 (18-19 years old)
6. Switch (21 years old)

Now im almost 24.  This sucks :(

Meh, it's just a number. I went through an existential crisis when I turned 30, which felt like turning 50 or 60 to me at the time. I felt like my best years were now behind me and things would only get harder and worse the older I got, which obviously is not a conducive mindset for being very happy. I realized after months of feeling like shit about it that it's actually the opposite.

For one, the last 3-years or so have been the most stable they've ever been. I'm not scrambling trying to figure out what I'm going to do with my life, I'm not a broke college student or a kid who relies souly on my parents for support. I have more freedom to choose who I allow into my life and who I don't then I ever have. And I have a job that I mostly like, with a lot of room for growth in the future. Essentially the older I get the more opportunity there will be for me to do and have the things I want, which was certainly not the case during my 20s. I've also noticed the older I've become the less I care about what others think of me which is a very liberating feeling.

Just live one day at a time, tomorrow is not guaranteed, I had to realize this. I was suicidal for years. Don't worry about time. live for today, and don't worry about tomorrow everyone departs from this world.

some people lost their life at the time they were born even before their own childhood. Just keep the faith in God and or Jesus and you'll never have to worry about dying, I'm 31 today and life is a struggle every day for me, in some way.

my signature is on here for a reason

« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 01:43:42 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: What Games, Consoles (etc) Do You Remember Having in Childhood?
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2020, 11:58:49 am »
Sears, Gemco, Kmart

I miss those stores!

I got a 2600 on Christmas 1981.  I still have it in its box.  The last time I played it was back in 1997.

I got an NES Action Set on 6/30/88.  Interestingly enough, exactly 30 years later I got the NES Classic Edition on its re-release date of 6/30/18.