Author Topic: Do you think the original Mortal Kombat is overrated?  (Read 3234 times)

Re: Do you think the original Mortal Kombat is overrated?
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2019, 09:30:28 pm »
I was re-reading the first 2 posts in this thread and I wounder

How did people in the Arcades even know about the fatalities in the first place and how to do them?

I mean was it pure chance? there was no google or internet search engines at that time back in 1992. Can someone tell me how exactly did people know about the fatalities in the first place, because in the arcades I would think that the MK masters of the time must have learned about how to do them from somewhere.

There was magazines back then. but is exactly how did they do the fatalities? I wounder :-\

the Internet AltaVista was officially launched in 1995.

google in which came out in 1998
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 09:37:19 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

maximo310

Re: Do you think the original Mortal Kombat is overrated?
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2019, 05:38:36 am »
I was re-reading the first 2 posts in this thread and I wounder

How did people in the Arcades even know about the fatalities in the first place and how to do them?

I mean was it pure chance? there was no google or internet search engines at that time back in 1992. Can someone tell me how exactly did people know about the fatalities in the first place, because in the arcades I would think that the MK masters of the time must have learned about how to do them from somewhere.

There was magazines back then. but is exactly how did they do the fatalities? I wounder :-\

the Internet AltaVista was officially launched in 1995.

google in which came out in 1998
Most magazines usually had a tricks/cheat codes section that'd they show off for a game that had been out on the market for a few months as seen here: