Author Topic: Should digital games be counted on a physical collection database?  (Read 2949 times)

mark1982

Re: Should digital games be counted on a physical collection database?
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2019, 02:58:43 am »
Sure, I have my digital Nintendo and PSN games listed. Do I count them as my overall collection? no, since this site nicely categorizes them into separate categories.

I have them listed here so I can keep track of which ones I have, so I can play them down the line.

This is only for my Console digital games though, I don't list my PC digital games - too many to list and they're all over the place, Steam, gog, Uplay, Epic Games. Generally I play on console so I'm not that particular on my PC games if I remember them or not. Recently been getting plenty of free games on Epic Games store, but I don't keep track of them.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 03:02:20 am by mark1982 »
  l    l 

tripredacus

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2019, 10:27:12 am »
Users can choose whether or not to put digital games into their collection.

download is for the experience to play the game not for collecting.

Data collectors exist.

sworddude

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2019, 11:56:13 am »
Users can choose whether or not to put digital games into their collection.

download is for the experience to play the game not for collecting.

Data collectors exist.

for sure but this was just my opinion regarding this topic.

I've seen plenty of people collecting digital stuff.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2019, 12:23:40 pm »
Plus if a deal of game digitally is good enough then why not? Less space I have to contend with on my part.

THIS- I bought Crypt of the Necrodancer on my Switch for 3.99. I bought Xonic for 89 cents! I paid for both with gold coins, so nothing out of pocket! A digital deal is STILL a deal.

telly

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2019, 01:13:10 pm »
I still don't regret purchasing Suikoden II digitally, or Fatal Frame II for $3.99
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2019, 04:38:39 pm »
Digital media has no value to me in terms of curating my collection but I respect everyone with a different approach. To each his/her own I guess.
And as long as they are seperately categorized it doesn't even bother me having them in this database.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 04:40:50 pm by blurks »

ferraroso

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2019, 08:33:09 am »
I don't believe in digital games.

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2019, 06:59:14 pm »
What's with the gatekeeping? A digital game is still part of an overall game collection. VGCollect obviously has many categories for digital games.

I use this site so I can know what I have, not to brag about the size.
No one is bragging about size, only people who list digital games do that! LOL Just kidding Now that I see the site separates the two there is no reason for any hate toward physical collectors or visa versa
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 07:02:52 pm by motopants »

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2019, 07:04:56 pm »
I have a ton of digital games, and I don't count a single one here. (If I do, it's because a physical version wasn't listed despite my having a physical version). I will never add digital games here. I can play them, but I don't consider them a part of my collection.
Great to see  passionate responses This site has great members!

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2019, 11:44:05 pm »
What's with the gatekeeping? A digital game is still part of an overall game collection. VGCollect obviously has many categories for digital games.

I use this site so I can know what I have, not to brag about the size.
No one is bragging about size, only people who list digital games do that! LOL Just kidding Now that I see the site separates the two there is no reason for any hate toward physical collectors or visa versa

There was never any reason for any hate towards anyone, regardless of whether you were aware of different categories or not.