Author Topic: Master System Region languages  (Read 1973 times)

Master System Region languages
« on: January 04, 2020, 03:22:17 pm »
Ok, so I am looking for a master system copy of sonic chaos and all I can find on Ebay are the french, Brazil, Germany, EU versions. I heard that MS games are not region locked but if i bought a German version would the game language be in German?

pzeke

Re: Master System Region languages
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2020, 03:50:10 pm »

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

dreama1

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2020, 05:35:50 pm »
Ok, so I am looking for a master system copy of sonic chaos and all I can find on Ebay are the french, Brazil, Germany, EU versions. I heard that MS games are not region locked but if i bought a German version would the game language be in German?
Some SMS games allow you to choose the language in game. But it's not really a big deal there's not much text in most of these games.

sworddude

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2020, 06:47:20 pm »

majority of master system games in europe are english only and the packaging and manual contain all languages. there is only 1 version with only some slight variation in the amount of languages on the back if it was released with them snow countries aswell. both include english so it's not a big deal for those anyway if your going real hardcore in terms of variants.

There are only very few games with german or french language only usually reserved for only rpg's or some very odd kids games. disc era is however a different story if you buy something from germany than it's probably german voice acting only aswell  :o
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 06:50:25 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2020, 08:17:30 pm »
Ok, Thank you very much.

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2020, 12:19:10 pm »
Here, newly listed.

Well now I'm tempted!

But out of respect for the OP, I will hold off. At least until payday. Don't wait too long, dude!

sworddude

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2020, 02:08:52 pm »
in all seriousness though is there a difference between usa and european master system games

i mean there are exceptions with some master system games having english only box and manual for usa versions while europe remains multilanguage.

But say you pick a game like sonic mania sonic the hedgehog or heck golden axe warrior one of the more sought after games in wich the box is english only for europe aswell

What is the difference between a usa and a european copy than

The carts look exactly the same, the box looks exactly the same and the manual is exactly the same us copies also have a ton of games with multilanguage boxes after all.

Is it only the inside of the cardridge that is different

I know that say sonic the hedgehog as a usa official copy has a sticker on the plastic box but is it really worth it to pay a ton of money while the european copy is dirt cheap with everything the same except for that sticker

it's probably a region thing or people value import costs allot always baffles me.

i mean if where looking at the master system games and the majority of the megadrive pal games can be played in both 50 and 60HZ unless optimized or very end era released games in wich the difference was way smaller anyway. the opposite aswell ntc games working also on 50HZ. considering that it seems to me that in a ton of cases that the console is the real key since the games in general can be played on both modes. ntc games where also sold in europe alongside them withouth a hassle in gameplay for a ton of the more popular games

a 60hz switch is always nice though
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 02:30:16 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!