Author Topic: Will you be selling off your current gen stuff ahead of holiday next year?  (Read 3349 times)

Before the price plummets to nothing when next gen is out?

Probably gonna unload stuff I haven't played in a long time and don't see myself going back to but will keep my faves just cause.

Re: Will you be selling off your current gen stuff ahead of holiday next year?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2019, 07:27:14 pm »
Nope

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2019, 07:33:40 pm »
Nope.  I won't be buying the new generation right away, and even if I were the PS5 backwards compatibility means that all my PS4 games are still good to go.

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2019, 07:52:05 pm »
If the PS5 turns out to be what it is said to be, I'll likely be selling my PS4.  I was maybe gonna trade-in my PS4 at like Gamestop towards one, they sometimes have good deals towards a new system, but I don't know if Gamestop will exist by next holiday season.

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2019, 08:28:47 pm »
I'm strictly retro so no but I believe

Sadly I don't really know anyone who would want to buy the current consoles once the rest of the Console Generation 9 comes. once the next Microsoft or SONY consoles is out.the PS4 and Xbox One might become obsolete.

The reason why I don't play modern games is because the lack of game companies letting you own the full game and the fact that we may lose all of of our privileges to buy to own a game. Don't get me started.

I hate dealing with passwords and usernames also if I lose my email or password to some sneaker I lose all my video games that are digital, this already happened to me on other circumstances with electronics.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 08:41:42 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2019, 09:08:38 pm »
No.  As long as they aren't pushing streaming content and have physical copies of games I'll just buy the next gen and keep what I've got. 

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2019, 12:41:47 am »
Nope! Quite the opposite, in fact- I'll be eyeing out for deals from the people who do start unloading their soon-to-be last gen gear!

I'm utterly unconcerned with a game's age, I just play what's fun. The only system I ever unloaded fully is my childhood NES. It was a family console & a family decision to sell it & get a Genesis. While we loved our Genesis, we deeply regretted selling the NES.

Any console that became truly unessecary via backwards compatibility I've given away- and I've ended up rebuying all but one of those! I sincerely doubt I'll be getting rid of anything when the new stuff arrives.

sworddude

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2019, 03:07:30 am »
I mean the people who do that usually speedrun the game 100% and sell it within maximum a week for minimal loss if you want to go that route. on release preferably within 3 days
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 03:25:23 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

kashell

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2019, 08:29:47 am »
Nope.

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2019, 08:40:30 am »
I doubt I'll be getting a new console within the 1st year of its release anyway - Unless it launched with a killer app like Final Fantasy XVI. But even if I did I wouldn't go crazy and sell my PS4 games as they're to keep - Much like my PS3 games before this generation and so on.

mark1982

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2019, 10:54:45 am »
You'll probably get a lot of "no" answers on a collector forum, just a hunch ;)

As for me, that's a no as well, have plenty to play in my backlog, still have a tonne of PS3 and X360 games I still want to play.. Anyways, I just don't sell my games in general.
  l    l 

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2019, 11:36:58 am »
Dude, you really don’t know your audience. This is a collectors site. We don’t get rid of shit.

tripredacus

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2019, 12:29:22 pm »
What current gen stuff?  :P

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2019, 12:54:15 pm »
Dude, you really don’t know your audience. This is a collectors site. We don’t get rid of shit.

Nope! I've got 2 of the N64 transfer paks for playing Pokémon Stadium with your Gameboy games, and a Pokewalker.

I don't own any mainline Pokémon games.
I don't own Pokémon Stadium.

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2019, 07:51:49 pm »
The only reason I most likely will not, is because the first year or so of a console's launch is usually dry for exclusives and stuff.   So I will need my One X to play in the mean time until things heat up. 

The only way I see myself getting rid of my current games, is if Gamestop does some heinous promotion where I basically get a good chunk of the Scarlett price taken care of just by trading it in.   Which is something they do sometimes.  I remember everyone trading in their PS3 for a discount on PS4.   It'll have to be a good chunk though.  At least 150-200 off.  I don't see it happening. 

Or if it launches with GTA 6.  Then i'll do everything but sell my soul for one  ;D