Author Topic: What game would you try again, that you were originally bad at?  (Read 1311 times)

What game would you try again, that you were originally bad at?
« on: December 15, 2019, 04:10:15 pm »
Did you ever want to go back and play a game, old or new, that you were simply horrible at?  Like enough that it made you quit and never touch it again.  Not necessarily because it was a bad game.  Maybe you didn't understand it the first time, or you were more impatient/weren't as experienced a gamer as you are now? 

I'd love to play Willow for the NES again.  I died early and often the first time and the game genie didn't help.  Now that I have several Zelda's and other RPGs under my belt, I'd like to give another whack at it.

More recently, I'd love to try Breath of the Wild, again. I was wandering around aimlessly the first time, getting murdered by those guardian things.  I'll take my time and plan better the next go-around.

Re: What game would you try again, that you were originally bad at?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2019, 12:58:35 am »
I'm bad at a lot of video games, I'll name some of my playing goals here. I want to get better at Turn Based RPG games, like Final Fantasy VII, or the Phantasy Star Series but currently I suck at all turn based RPGs except for the GameBoy Pokemon games.

Most of all I need to learn how to play games like Super Mario Bros and Super Mario World in which I am not good at console based platform games either. I am used to playing on the keyboard and not an actual controller.

I want to become better at all games in general
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2019, 03:56:01 am »
Dark Souls

Battlefield 4 multiplayer

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2019, 04:15:15 am »
I guess Resident Evil would count.  I tried to play the old Resident Evil games as a kid, but I hated the controls.  Still do.  I even tried once on PS4 at a point, but it's those awful tank controls.  I think it was last year I decided to try again, and after getting a trainer to make doors instant, instead of having the animation (A notable time saver), I got through the game.  I still don't like the controls, but I pushed through them and generally enjoyed myself. 

Then I tried to go through Resident Evil 0 afterwards and that wasn't happening, but I think that game just sucks lol

I think in general I do have more patience than I use to, but it's in certain areas and it can vary wildly.  100 hours in Death Stranding? No big deal.  30 hours into Red Dead Redemption 2? Oh god, please end this, I'm rushing to the end just to say I beat it lol

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2019, 11:29:45 am »
Dark Souls
Metal Gear Solid

kashell

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2019, 02:13:34 pm »
Jet Grind Radio

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2019, 09:45:02 am »
I guess Resident Evil would count.  I tried to play the old Resident Evil games as a kid, but I hated the controls.  Still do.  I even tried once on PS4 at a point, but it's those awful tank controls.  I think it was last year I decided to try again, and after getting a trainer to make doors instant, instead of having the animation (A notable time saver), I got through the game.  I still don't like the controls, but I pushed through them and generally enjoyed myself. 

Me too! Although I don't mind the controls so much. For me it's the obtuse nature of the game progression and some of the puzzles. I like just about everything about it, but in practice I find myself not enjoying the limited saves, overall difficulty and (my) reliance on needing a guide to get through it efficiently (I don't have as much patience for it now that I've stopped and started so many times). Some day!

godzilla

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2019, 11:08:31 am »
I feel like this with most metroidvania/platformers. I am horribly bad at them!

Thing is I really love the artstyle in a lot of these game...Hollow Knight, Ori and the Blind Forest, Dead Cells, Steamworld Dig 2, Celeste, Cuphead.

Since I only collect games I have beaten, it sucks that I can't finish them ::)

doafan

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2019, 11:11:56 am »
Silver Surfer for the NES  :'(

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2019, 11:13:34 am »
If you're thinking to yourself about this topic, and you think to yourself that you were originally bad at Dark Souls, and you don't know that you would even try again, try again, but maybe have someone help you.  I abandoned that game shortly after release getting nowhere... I came back several years later and was minorly guided through the early bits of the game and then did summons for the rest while I was learning the game, and that can make all of the difference.

jcalder8

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2019, 05:30:29 pm »
Demon's Souls

pzeke

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2019, 11:19:43 am »
I'm sure there are a few, but I honestly can't think of any at the moment. I do remember getting Space Channel 5: Special Edition for PS2 years ago in a lot, and I tried it for a while and was awful at it. Sometimes I would do great, then all of a sudden I would perform abysmally. I never tried it again; not my type of game, truth be told.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!