Author Topic: Did you ask for any games for Christmas/ buy any for yourself?  (Read 2875 times)

Did you ask for any games for Christmas/ buy any for yourself?
« on: December 26, 2019, 06:16:02 am »
I didn’t ask for anything from anyone since I’m an adult but I got a small amount of money in cards from relatives.

I bought myself Hitman 2 Gold Edition digitally. Would usually buy physical but hey the store ain’t open Christmas Day, it’s an always online game so unplayable when the server shuts down anyway and the extra content is a downloadable deal thing anyway.

I browsed the sale on every platform switch, steam, Xbox, PlayStation and hitman 2 was all I was really bothered about playing.

I did however load up a game I already had called Ghost Recon Wildlands and was pleasantly surprised a free patch had added a survival defend the node hoard mode. So I played some of that too.

Re: Did you ask for any games for Christmas/ buy any for yourself?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2019, 06:26:16 am »
Neither of those games are currently listed in your collection!

I didn't ask for anything but I got Concrete Genie as a gift and I got them the PlayStation Hits version of Horizon Zero Dawn - Complete Edition.

Fellow VGCollect user dhaabi unexpectedly gifted me Kingdom Hearts: The Story So Far as well.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2020, 06:14:01 pm by weirdfeline »

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2019, 06:30:24 am »
I generally buy my video game stuff myself, so it's not often I get game stuff, but I did get the Overwatch cookbook from a family member.  Pretty legit book actually, sporting recipes for dinner, desert, and even alcoholic drinks.  Thinking about trying to make something from the book at least a once or twice a month starting next year as a goal for trying new things.

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2019, 06:50:04 am »
I got Concrete Genie from a Secret Santa exchange on another site & Until Dawn, A Hat in Time, and Collection of Mana from family. Oh, and Ring Fit Adventure from my fiancé. I bought myself Burgertime Deluxe to take advantage of the Christmas Ebay Bucks promotion & Penny Punching Princess since I discovered the Vita version is going up on the secondhand market, so I thought I'd grab it from Amazon while it's available.

I didn't explicitly ask for anything, but I keep my Amazon wishlist maintained for this time of year. Also- despite the implication of the first post, I don't think there's a damn thing wrong with asking for gifts as an adult. If you know someone is going to get you a gift regardless, and you can name a couple things in their price range, why not let them know what will be appreciated most? It's better than letting them spend money on something you'll never use. You just have to handle it like asking Santa for things as a kid- that is, you can't expect your request to be granted. You have to hope you made the nice list so you'll get it. :P

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2019, 07:15:07 am »
I didn't explicitly ask for anything, but I keep my Amazon wishlist maintained for this time of year. Also- despite the implication of the first post, I don't think there's a damn thing wrong with asking for gifts as an adult. If you know someone is going to get you a gift regardless, and you can name a couple things in their price range, why not let them know what will be appreciated most? It's better than letting them spend money on something you'll never use. You just have to handle it like asking Santa for things as a kid- that is, you can't expect your request to be granted. You have to hope you made the nice list so you'll get it. :P

This.  My sister and I explicitly tell the other person what to get us.  Here's a list of 5 things.  And we always get something off that list.  And this is mainly because she has some weird aversion to gift cards.

Also, probably a safe bet to say that everyone who participated in Secret Santa did in fact ask for a game or two.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 07:18:46 am by Cartagia »

kashell

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2019, 08:12:09 am »
I received some gaming stuff from the husband and the mother-in-law. The one I'm most excited about is the Xbox One S. It's a sleek looking device, sure, but I'm glad I'll be able to play some 360 games that slipped under my radar.

This.  My sister and I explicitly tell the other person what to get us.  Here's a list of 5 things.  And we always get something off that list.  And this is mainly because she has some weird aversion to gift cards.

Also, probably a safe bet to say that everyone who participated in Secret Santa did in fact ask for a game or two.
Seether's gonna seether.

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2019, 08:13:48 am »
Neither of those games are currently listed in your collection!
They’re both just digital licenses so I don’t really consider them collected.

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2019, 11:04:25 am »
My fiancee and I still try and enjoy Christmas to the fullest. We both know that it's impossible to recapture how special Christmas felt when we were kids, but we still haven't resigned to the fact that we're now cynical adults either. Her and I try to engage in as much holiday stuff as we can during the month of December, and part of that is giving each other wishlists of stuff we want the other person to buy us. We typically prioritize everything based off how badly we want it and strive to get those things for the other person. I only do this with her, and don't ask the rest of my family for anything, which they rarely do anyways. So Christmas is mostly her and I keeping things special and giving each other gifts we both really want.

Warmsignal

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2019, 11:50:40 am »
So I'll be the sole one to admit, yeah I do still get gifts from my parents on Christmas and yeah it's usually video game stuff. They always feel the need to buy us things every year, so I still indulge their generosity. I told them a few easy to find titles off my Switch wish list, and I ended up getting several. Then I did the Secret Santa here and one other place where I got several games off my retro and modern wishlist.

I bought a crap ton of games for myself this holiday season, probably around 20 or so. I'll post a pic in the recent adds thread.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 11:52:55 am by Warmsignal »

doafan

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2019, 12:18:45 pm »
Didn't asked for anything but "Santa gave" my daughter a Nintendo Switch also a physical copy of Mario Odyssey and Luigi's Mansion 3, will share pictures later cause am right now at the work  :'(

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2019, 12:58:42 pm »
Got 3 Switch games from my family
- My Friend Pedro
- Horizon Chase Turbo
- Collection of Mana
I also got a new micro SD card for my Switch and a blu-ray copy of the Tomb Raider movie reboot so game related

I try not to ask for many games nowadays if I do it tends to be because i have no Idea what else to ask for.

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2019, 02:33:24 pm »
So I'll be the sole one to admit, yeah I do still get gifts from my parents on Christmas and yeah it's usually video game stuff. They always feel the need to buy us things every year, so I still indulge their generosity. I told them a few easy to find titles off my Switch wish list, and I ended up getting several. Then I did the Secret Santa here and one other place where I got several games off my retro and modern wishlist.

I bought a crap ton of games for myself this holiday season, probably around 20 or so. I'll post a pic in the recent adds thread.

Me too, I usually ask whatever I want for Christmas and birthday and get and actually more than what I asked for, My mom loves to go shopping for hours on the holiday season, I buy my family relatives gifts as well. it's hard sometimes because not everyone tells me what to get them, So I just try to surprise them the best I can.
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2019, 04:35:48 pm »
My girlfriend got me the physical releases of Patapon, Parappa the rapper and Locoroco, on the PS4, really happy with them, had to unplug my sound bar there was a little bit of audio delay on Patapon and Parappa but not bad. I also bought myself up Sea of Thieves from Target with a gift card waiting for it to be delivered, seems interesting cant wait to try it.

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2019, 06:03:38 pm »
I didn't get any games myself, but I bought my wife and her sister Pokemon Sword and Shield respectively.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2019, 07:20:54 pm »
I've given up on asking for games cause everyone refuses to buy them for me.So I don't ask for anything anymore but I do buy presents (games) for my self because everyone insists on buying me stuff i dont want.