Author Topic: A quite weird Patapon (PSP) release  (Read 1528 times)

leonefamily

PRO Supporter

A quite weird Patapon (PSP) release
« on: December 30, 2019, 10:18:49 am »
Take a look at this Patapon release:

That's a factory sealed copy. See that "Favourites" label? That's actually a sticker OVER the seal. Ok so maybe there's still the same label under the seal right? Take a better look:

Oh... so it's a Greatest Hits release then? But why is the box side not red like literally all Greatest Hits releases? So... perhaps that counts as a black label release?? This is by far the most confusing release I've ever come across. Should I upload this as a regular release, a Greatest Hits release or a Favourites release? Or better yet, should it be Patapon - Greatest Favourites Black Label Hits Canadian Frankenstein?

I need help for this one.

-----------------------------
SCEA Employee: So, what release should we make for Patapon?
SCEA Boss: Yes.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 10:29:22 am by leonefamily »
Freeze iou imperialist pig! Zat is ze propertay of ze Gouvernement Français. Hand eet over!

Flashback2012

Re: A quite weird Patapon (PSP) release
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2019, 10:28:04 am »
During my gaming retail days I've encountered a few of these "Greatest Hits" where there was a sticker on the shrinkwrap. One explanation is that it's probably new-old stock, leftover inventory that didn't sell and rather than go the costly route of doing new packaging, they went the cheaper route and just stickered the existing stock to reflect the new status/price point.

As for listing, hard to say how to list it. Since "Stickered" isn't on the packaging anywhere, the easiest thing would be to have it as "Patapon (Favorites / Jeux Favoris) with a note in the description field detailing that it's non-GH packaging with a sticker attached to the shrinkwrap.  ;)

tripredacus

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2019, 11:31:54 am »
Title should be: Patapon - Favourites

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2019, 01:28:53 pm »
For those that didn't see it Patapon 2 is finally coming to PS4 after being announced in 2017 and never mentioned again.

topspot123

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2019, 11:08:21 pm »
I have a couple of games with a "Greatest Hits" on the outside of the cellophane.  I opened one up earlier this year. https://twitter.com/TopSpot123/status/1136071282775248896

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2019, 11:52:59 pm »
As for listing, hard to say how to list it. Since "Stickered" isn't on the packaging anywhere, the easiest thing would be to have it as "Patapon (Favorites / Jeux Favoris) with a note in the description field detailing that it's non-GH packaging with a sticker attached to the shrinkwrap.  ;)

Alternatively, you could list it with the regular release and add a note saying it has a Favorites sticker on it. Either way, really.

Flashback2012

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2019, 03:43:11 am »
Alternatively, you could list it with the regular release and add a note saying it has a Favorites sticker on it. Either way, really.

It has been added! Behold!  ;)

https://vgcollect.com/item/172467

leonefamily

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2019, 08:58:45 am »

It has been added! Behold!  ;)

https://vgcollect.com/item/172467

Yes, and I'm getting the box art scanned today, expect to see it in the database later this week :)
Freeze iou imperialist pig! Zat is ze propertay of ze Gouvernement Français. Hand eet over!