Author Topic: Question about pics  (Read 1830 times)

pzeke

Question about pics
« on: January 06, 2020, 11:47:21 am »
So I guess I have to be an admin to not have my thread locked without including pictures?

I get the rules; trust me, I do, but there are times they can be bent slightly within reason, as evidenced here, and with other topics of the same nature. Don't twist my words, though, I'm not implying special treatment, but I was clear I would share pictures of the games to anyone interested, which I actually did; you can ask bikingjahuty who sent me an email about two of the games I listed, and he was sent pictures.

Nevertheless, my apologies for using your thread to air this out, soera, but I feel what was done to mine was uncalled for. But agree to disagree, as they say. I'll just leave at that and carry on.

Ref: https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,10470.0.html
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 10:03:38 am by tripredacus »

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

tripredacus

Question about pics
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2020, 12:11:56 pm »
So I guess I have to be an admin to not have my thread locked without including pictures?

No, all sales threads need to have pictures, including this one. Chain of command exists, forum admins do not mod each other.

telly

Re: Question about pics
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2020, 03:09:20 pm »
I feel like because pzeke is an active member and not someone just joining VGC to sell stuff he should have at least been given the opportunity to add photos into the original thread, no?
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

sworddude

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2020, 06:48:46 am »

I get the rules; trust me, I do, but there are times they can be bent slightly within reason, as evidenced here, and with other topics of the same nature. Don't twist my words, though, I'm not implying special treatment, but I was clear I would share pictures of the games to anyone interested, which I actually did; you can ask bikingjahuty who sent me an email about two of the games I listed, and he was sent pictures.

Nevertheless, my apologies for using your thread to air this out, soera, but I feel what was done to mine was uncalled for. But agree to disagree, as they say. I'll just leave at that and carry on.

Maybe it was because of the amount of games your selling with only 6 games it's fairly easy to list 1 picture

yet on the other hand with soerra selling nearly 700 games quite tough to make pictures of everything. with that system it might be better to just make pics if anyone is interested in any particular games of his list

maybe the amount of games have something to do with this. I can see an exception being made for a couple hundred games. but that's just my 2 cents

if all topics do need pictures I guess this one was missed but for a large amount of games such as that i could see  the exception being made + a well known member.

@soerra shocked your selling the collection as the ps4 guy. hope everything is going well
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 06:57:13 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

pzeke

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2020, 11:34:30 am »
No, all sales threads need to have pictures, including this one. Chain of command exists, forum admins do not mod each other.

I see – know the rules well so that you can break them effectively. Duly noted.

Jab aside, admin's not moderating each other is absurd. Certainly you can remind/alert the person, in this case a fellow admin, by posting, no?

You lead by example.

I feel like because pzeke is an active member and not someone just joining VGC to sell stuff he should have at least been given the opportunity to add photos into the original thread, no?

I sincerely appreciate your post, but that's okay; the game's were sold already.

Maybe it was because of the amount of games your selling with only 6 games it's fairly easy to list 1 picture

yet on the other hand with soerra selling nearly 700 games quite tough to make pictures of everything. with that system it might be better to just make pics if anyone is interested in any particular games of his list

maybe the amount of games have something to do with this. I can see an exception being made for a couple hundred games. but that's just my 2 cents

if all topics do need pictures I guess this one was missed but for a large amount of games such as that i could see  the exception being made + a well known member.

The rules have to apply to everyone; you don't cherry-pick when and to whom you'll enforce them on. Lead by example, as I said above. Pretty basic, pretty simple.

Nonetheless, all of this will certainly fall on deaf ears, so, in other words...

Carry on.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 11:36:36 am by pzeke »

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

tripredacus

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2020, 10:29:59 am »

There are always ways around it. If you were selling a large amount of things, you can easily just take a picture of the items together (or of your game shelf), not individually and then maybe additional shots to highlight specific things, and then also say you can get more detailed pictures of specific things by request.

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2020, 06:24:24 am »
The only compromise that I can think of is that if you have a predetermined number of positive feedback pictures are no longer required.  Elsewise you need pictures.

I literally just signed up for imgur for the sole purpose of opening a selling thread here.

sworddude

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2020, 12:59:06 pm »
still though say you sell a collection of 700 and have 1 picture of the shelf. that 1 shelf picture is just plain bad for seeing what the condition is of one game that you want let alone that you might find it on the picture

People are going to ask for specific pictures anyway a very sizable % at least that one picture is worthless anyway. so that's kinda pointless in my opinion for those amounts unless you make tons of pictures before you start a thread it's better to just give detailed pictures if people are interested in certain games.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 01:35:08 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!