Author Topic: How will you celebrate your birthday this year?  (Read 2794 times)

How will you celebrate your birthday this year?
« on: January 11, 2020, 11:00:15 am »
I have a week off work booked in for it but not sure what I’m going to do yet.

Maybe see a movie and buy a new game.

Warmsignal

Re: How will you celebrate your birthday this year?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2020, 12:53:07 pm »
Well, birthdays are merely symbolic of how another year’s gone by and how little we’ve grown. No matter how desperate we are that someday a better self will emerge, with each flicker of the candles on the cake we know it’s not to be. That for the rest of our sad, wretched, pathetic lives, this is who we are to the bitter end – inevitably, irrevocably. Happy birthday? No such thing.” - Seinfeld.

This literally sums up my feelings on the day, just about every year. Try not to notice that I'm getting older, and then go over eat somewhere.

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2020, 05:01:55 pm »
I really enjoy my birthdays and do everything I can to celebrate them. Because it's during the summer I've never had to work or go to school on my birthday, and I maintain this tradition by taking at least my birthday off, sometimes the day before and/or after it as well. I usually do something fun and slightly out of the ordinary like go to an arcade, laser tag, or pretty much anything that I don't get to regularly do. I'm a strong believer in being your own best friend and I choose to use that day to celebrate my life.

This year I'll probably do something similar and go out to dinner. i'm getting married the same week as my birthday this year so it'll likely be overshadowed by that. No matter, since I'll be headed to Hawaii right after, which while that is technically my honeymoon, I can see it as sort of a late birthday gift too ;)

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2020, 10:27:22 pm »
Joke's on you- my birthday was a week ago! I don't have to plan it anymore! *mwahaha*

I just went out to dinner with family, nothing crazy.

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2020, 12:20:36 am »
I won't. For me, my birthday's just another day.

ferraroso

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2020, 03:13:03 am »
After Junior High School, I don't think I've ever had a birthday party anymore.
In fact, I really don't think there's much to commemorate about being older than 25 or so, so birthdays are no special dates for me...

Considering that my birthday will be on the Vernal Equinox Day (which is a national holiday here in Japan) this year, if the weather is good, I'll probably go for a motorcycle ride around the mountains of Gifu or something like that.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 03:15:38 am by ferraroso »

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2020, 08:39:31 am »
Probably just a nice dinner somewhere.  My mom's birthday is a week after mine, so sometimes they get combined into a family night out.

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2020, 06:25:19 pm »
Well, it's on a Sunday this year....so sleep in, probably play some video games. nothing special.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2020, 07:48:42 pm »
By making belive it never happend.

What do you want for your birthday?
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2021, 05:12:59 pm »
?

doafan

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2021, 03:53:07 pm »
I leveled up this past Friday and as every year I received calls from my friends and family, I totally hate social networks like Facebook / Twitter cause the people who appreciate me really know when it's my birthday, asked for some vacations, at first they didn't wanted to give me the free days so I told them that I'll took them by myself, why ?, because didn't wanted to work that day, ate all the cake the same day and my kids allowed to sleep almost all day, am getting older so guess that's normal.

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

pzeke

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2021, 05:41:49 pm »
Well, eating a whole birthday cake will definitely knock you out for a while.

It seems you had a good one, though, so feliz compleaños, güey.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

doafan

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2021, 09:29:44 am »
Gracias cabron, somehow I managed to took a picture it was delicious  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

pzeke

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2021, 07:51:10 am »
I'm not gonna lie, that looks good.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2021, 02:18:15 pm »
My bday is Dec 26, since it is right after Christmas, I have never cared haha. So likely nothing.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730