Author Topic: What are the good PC VR experiences?  (Read 770 times)

What are the good PC VR experiences?
« on: February 03, 2020, 11:51:07 pm »
I've long been very middle ground with VR as I never found it to be all that engaging as someone that enjoys long playtime experiences, but after getting to play Beat Saber on PSVR awhile ago, it's made me super want to get VR mostly for that, but I also want to look for other stuff beyond just the single game to justify its cost.  I'm planning to get an Oculus Rift S over a PSVR definitely for custom songs in Beat Saber and hopefully more game variety.

Anyone know whats good or interesting? Like I'm curious about shooters in this setup, not so much stuff like Superhot, but more involved shooters if possible.  I'm also super curious about casual "experience" stuff, like I have family I want to show it to, but need it very chill and maybe more interesting like traveling through a real world location.

I'm open for other types of games, but I just really don't know whats good other than a few of the bigger hit ones or stuff that has come out recently like that kinda goofy looking Walking Dead experience or the upcoming Half-Life game.

Re: What are the good PC VR experiences?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2020, 05:42:27 am »
I know you asked about PC, but I honestly think the best VR games out right now are PSVR exclusives.

Astrobot Rescue Mission is hands down the most amazing experience I have had playing a game in the last decade. It was the first time I put a VR headset on and this may sound sad, but it made me cry. It's so, so good.

Resi 7 was too much for me, but would be great if you like horror.

Tetris Effect is even better in VR, it's great.

I've heard good things about Ace Combat 7 and Deracine too.

The problem with PSVR is the set up and the resolution. I am really hoping they can do a Wireless Version in a few years time.

The only game I would be tempted by for PC VR is Half-Life Alyx.

Re: What are the good PC VR experiences?
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2020, 10:57:42 am »
I know you asked about PC, but I honestly think the best VR games out right now are PSVR exclusives.

Astrobot Rescue Mission is hands down the most amazing experience I have had playing a game in the last decade. It was the first time I put a VR headset on and this may sound sad, but it made me cry. It's so, so good.

Resi 7 was too much for me, but would be great if you like horror.

Tetris Effect is even better in VR, it's great.

I've heard good things about Ace Combat 7 and Deracine too.

The problem with PSVR is the set up and the resolution. I am really hoping they can do a Wireless Version in a few years time.

The only game I would be tempted by for PC VR is Half-Life Alyx.

While RE7 was cool and a few of these seem alright, I think there's just as much cool stuff on PC, such as Half-Life Alyx and there are better versions of some games, like Beat Saber, which lets you do custom songs.  Super big deal for me as while I love what I played of Beat Saber on PSVR, custom songs is so good when the music aren't particularly great by default with Beat Saber.  Like it would be fun to play through RE7 again with PSVR, something I only tried for a short bit, but I've also already beaten RE7 normally like 3 or 4 times at this point lol