Author Topic: Eighth generation video game cliches and your thoughts on them  (Read 2658 times)

Warmsignal

Re: Eighth generation video game cliches and your thoughts on them
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2020, 01:52:05 pm »
I've been so tired of zombie games the last decade... That's one of the reasons I didn't enjoy The Last of Us...

Zombies seem very overdone at this point. However for me, it's not because I never played the majority of them to begin with. I've only played Dead Island, which I actually thought was pretty darn good not because "zombies", but as an intriguing survival game. Zombies have never been appealing to me as a villain because I often find it more morbid than creepy, but I can look past it if need be.

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2020, 12:56:12 pm »
Make every game released look like an 8bit Nintendo game.
I think this one was way over used. Some of them were actually done very well, but the majority I passed on after viewing the trailer.

Warmsignal

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2020, 01:37:22 pm »
I don't mind the 8-bit style games, but it feels like many of them made this gen are all made with the very same in-game assets as one another. I'm not sure what it is, but it makes many of them seems as if they are all from the same creator, or the same series. I'm sure there's a common thread behind most of them, like some distinctive platform from which they're mostly all built.