Author Topic: Do you ever intentionally choose first print over deluxe edition?  (Read 4469 times)

Re: Do you ever intentionally choose first print over deluxe edition?
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2020, 01:42:39 pm »
First editions look much nicer to me.

I don’t play much DLC so GOTY editions are not my thing.

What I abhor is things like the current PlayStation Hits on PS4. As I’ve just started collecting for the PS4, I am trying to buy sealed copies at about £10-15. But games like Horizon Zero Dawn are a struggle to even find.

Oh lord, I remember the headache of procuring the first print of Horizon Zero Dawn, instead of the much compromised "complete edition". The greatest hits version they sell now? Just wow. What a disaster-piece. I'm disappointed they didn't write even more crap on it. They left some blank space, the slackers.

Funnily enough I just found one on Ebay at £9.99 + £ 1.95 shipping.

Looks genuine enough from the photos, I can still see the PS4 wrapper thing. It's a guy only selling a few games from his collection, not like a scammer with dozens of items listed. I'm a bit nervous it's not going to be what I want, but fingers crossed!

There are a few companies selling 'New and Sealed' First edition copies on Amazon, but if you read through the reviews there are lots of people complaining the boxes are marked 'Not for Resale' or it's the South American copy!

pzeke

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2020, 02:10:05 pm »
I'm a bit nervous it's not going to be what I want, but fingers crossed!

You know you can message the seller in case you have doubts, right? Granted, the seller should have the forethought of mentioning anything crucial to the sale in the description box, but in the event of doubt, that's why the "contact seller" option is there for.

Never buy anything if you're unsure. Rule of thumb.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2020, 03:38:00 pm »
I'm a bit nervous it's not going to be what I want, but fingers crossed!

You know you can message the seller in case you have doubts, right? Granted, the seller should have the forethought of mentioning anything crucial to the sale in the description box, but in the event of doubt, that's why the "contact seller" option is there for.

Never buy anything if you're unsure. Rule of thumb.

Good advice. I’ve already paid so hopefully it’s okay. The worst I’ll be down is £11.90  :)

pzeke

« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2020, 08:54:46 pm »
Hey, £11.90 is still £11.90.

But yeah, asking when in doubt helps prevent unnecessary headaches, so do keep that in mind for next time.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2020, 03:27:00 am »
Hey, £11.90 is still £11.90.

But yeah, asking when in doubt helps prevent unnecessary headaches, so do keep that in mind for next time.

Will do. It should arrive over the weekend, I'll post the result!  :)