Author Topic: Do you love every game in your collection?  (Read 2649 times)

Do you love every game in your collection?
« on: January 29, 2020, 07:28:01 am »
?

Re: Do you love every game in your collection?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2020, 08:36:41 am »

thewelshman

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2020, 09:49:37 am »
I love seeing them all together on the shelf as a collection. Some games I love, some games I hate, and some games I am indifferent to because I'll probably never sell them.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2020, 10:29:33 am »
Lord no.
I own Deadly Towers

kashell

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2020, 10:55:54 am »
Haha. No.

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2020, 11:40:18 am »

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2020, 12:51:57 pm »
I'm not sure.

Every game in my collection is there because after finding out about the game, researching it, or watching gameplay footage it seemed like I might enjoy it. I only buy games I have the intention of playing, and after playing them if I didn't at least mostly enjoy the game I choose to sell it eventually. I don't have to be in "Love" with every game I own, but I at least have to like them for the most part.

The other thing is there are games in my collection I like for other reasons than how good they are as a game. For example, Dragon Ball GT: Final Bout is one of the worst fighting games I've ever played, however it is a heavily nostalgic game for me since I yearned to own it when I was huge into DBZ in the late 90s and early 2000s. I owned an import copy of it back then, but I always wanted the original US Bandai release. Years ago I finally made this dream come true and despite the game being a total stinker, I love the game for what it means to me personally. There are probably a dozen or so other examples of this also in my collection.

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2020, 03:21:20 pm »
I love having them, even if it means not playing them every day, gazing at the games reminds me that I'm blessed to have them, if some say they don't love having a game. In my opinion why are you holding onto it?

I don't buy complete console sets, I don't have any child educational games, like that Elmo game for the Nintendo 64, I have a few child like rare games. I think? because I got them from my sister when she didn't want the games anymore. her lot was vary mixed with stuff like Demon Souls 1 and 2 and a few PS2 games she never played.

I don't have "Elmo's Number Journey" or "Elmo's Letter Journey" and I do collect for the Nintendo 64

« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 03:30:10 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2020, 04:29:23 pm »
Hell no.
I own AD&D Heroes of the Lance for NES.

No, I didn’t buy that POS, it was a birthday gift.

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2020, 06:07:35 pm »
Hell no.

At least you got a video game for your birthday ::)

It might be just another frustrating NES 2D platformer but it was free right?
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

sworddude

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2020, 06:21:35 pm »
Hell no.

At least you got a video game for your birthday ::)

It might be just another frustrating NES 2D platformer but it was free right?

I don't know how it is with you guys but if I get free stuff wich I don't like I either sell it, give it away or throw it into the trash can plain and simple. no reason to keep stuff around that i don't enjoy.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2020, 06:29:47 pm »
Hell no I own Portal Runner for ps2.

pzeke

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2020, 08:35:33 pm »
I have, at the very least, play-tested every game I own and have thoroughly researched them before considering buying them, so I would say yes for 99% of them. The other 1% I got in lots and aren't of interest to me, so I've set them aside to eventually sell them. But overall, though, yes, I love the games in my collection.

I don't know how it is with you guys but if I get free stuff wich I don't like I either sell it, give it away or throw it into the trash can plain and simple. no reason to keep stuff around that i don't enjoy.

Ain't that the truth. Seems fairly obvious, don't it?

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

sworddude

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2020, 09:22:44 pm »

Ain't that the truth. Seems fairly obvious, don't it?

true but i was just commentating that even if it's free you don't need to keep it around unless you enjoy it or at the very least want to keep it on your shelf for display purposes full sets you name it not just for the sake because it was dirt cheap or for free that's not a great reason to keep stuff around.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

kypherion

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2020, 09:39:41 pm »
No, I own Sonic 06' sealed and only because it was a gift.
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"