Author Topic: What Room Do You Use As A Game Room/Play Room? Or Setup Discussion  (Read 1946 times)

I mostly play at the room where my games are located

I actually don't mind living in my game room. I have an entire bungalow basement level pretty much to myself with it's own full bathroom. there is an empty shelving unit behind my game room if I ever need it. However I technically could have my bedroom and my game room separate. But I like where I'm at now. Because my home don't have air conditioning and it's usually keeps much cooler in the basement in the summer time and it's always warm in the winter.

So can you describe what is your setup like? Are all your games in one room? Are you lucky enough to have a bathroom in close by where you game or spend most of your time? do you use multiple rooms as a gaming setup?

Or
What is your gaming setup history?
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: What Room Do You Use As A Game Room/Play Room? Or Setup Discussion
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 09:02:03 pm »
I have what I lovingly refer to as the BOB. That stands for “Big Ole Building”
A couple of years ago I bought one of those Amish-style buildings and finished it out with electric, insulation, flooring, and Sheetrock. It’s 12’x32’ of electric playground. Wall-to-wall gaming goodness. I have 3 arcade games (plus one empty cabinet that needs to be finished), 2 TVs, a couch, desk, podcast setup, and too many games all ready to be enjoyed. Now I just need to find time to spend out there.  :o

As for the bathroom, I just step outside to pee. I’m country like that.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 09:10:30 pm by turf »

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2020, 09:40:24 pm »
I rent half of a house and have two bedrooms, one bathroom to myself, and share a kitchen and common area. It's just my fiancee and I so we use the second bedroom as out game room/entertainment room. We're both really into video games so that's what it's primarily used for, but we also watch movies and TV in there as well.

Warmsignal

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2020, 10:56:24 pm »
I'm currently in the beginning stages of hybridizing my old "music room / amateur studio" to become a partial game room of sorts. I'm working with very limited space, so we'll see how it turns out. The entire room needs an overhaul, I need some shelving and some new furniture pieces. But I'm looking forward to having a cohesive presentation for my game stuff and not just scattering my games throughout the house wherever they might fit. I'm thinking of ditching my WON cabinet simply because it's huge yet it doesn't display a whole lot. It's currently packed full of my classic games to the point that you can't see half of what's in it, or more. It's just not a extremely practical piece for a small room. Shame, because it is really cool to look at.

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2020, 03:54:54 am »
I work from home so I converted my garage into an office a few years back. It is slightly separated from the house, which means the kids can makes as much noise as they like without bothering me.

I am largely paperless, so I just need a desk, printer and limited filing to work.

The other half of the room has a large TV & armchair. I only started collecting this year, so my 40-odd games currently sit in the TV unit.

I am having some shelves made at the moment (one of my suppliers is making them free of charge!) that should hold about 700 games or so.

Since I don't ever aim to have some of the awesome massive collections a lot of you guys have, the shelves should last me a good long while.

I have about 100 games yet to get on my wishlist that I have already beaten in the past. After that I will be adding games as I beat them. I estimate I will fill them sometime in 2032!

kashell

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2020, 09:08:50 am »
I use the house's bonus room as the game, media, and entertainment room. It's big enough for my gaming stuff, but also has enough space for music and board games.

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2020, 03:20:12 pm »
My collection does not at all look glamorous. I do have a lot of games but I don't have a display. I have a ton of the games put away in an entertainment center, most of my consoles are inside a cardboard box together. I take and plug them in one at a time and use them like that.

I am not the most tidy person around it's amazing how many games can fit in such a small space, you don't see me showing off my collection because, it's not much to look at. and my gameroom does have a lot of clutter, and plus a lot of my NES games are on a 485+ game multi-cart that may be vary hard to find now. I probably have an estimate of over 5000+ different individual games, but that is including all my knock off plug in play games and emulation consoles with games built in to them and arcade compilations, Plus I have a ton of old PC games that are old and probably don't work on my computer.

I have a lot of things to choose from, a ton of my games are homebrew. I often wounder if people on here that have 1000's to 10's of thousands of collection items actually have more games than what is even listed in the database here. Admins told me not to add the games on the arcade compilations, so technically I am just estimating my collection as of over 5000 games, since a majority are not in the datebase.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 03:22:45 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2020, 10:23:53 pm »
I have about 90% of my basement turned into my man cave with two 55" one 40" two 22"mordern tvs and 2 old school tvs for my older systems with a bar and mini fridge and lots of games but still have to go up stairs to piss.

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2020, 09:43:05 am »
I don't have the extra space for a dedicated game room, so it's all in my bedroom. I've actually got things pretty compact as a result- and I've got it mostly crunched down again to make room for PS5/series X games when that becomes relevant. I'm always on the lookout for new ways to get things smushed down- I've never been able to find bins that suited my setup quite right, but I did recently find shipping boxes that worked for the largest size I could use... so, I got some supplies & I've spent the last couple weeks in my spare time covering/altering those shipping boxes into paper storage bins. I'll have to post some pictures once I finish the process.

The hard part's gonna be figuring out how best to make room for the new systems once they're out- my entertainment center is pretty full, so it's gonna be interesting!

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2020, 06:26:36 pm »
I have what I lovingly refer to as the BOB. That stands for “Big Ole Building”
A couple of years ago I bought one of those Amish-style buildings and finished it out with electric, insulation, flooring, and Sheetrock. It’s 12’x32’ of electric playground. Wall-to-wall gaming goodness. I have 3 arcade games (plus one empty cabinet that needs to be finished), 2 TVs, a couch, desk, podcast setup, and too many games all ready to be enjoyed. Now I just need to find time to spend out there.  :o

As for the bathroom, I just step outside to pee. I’m country like that.

Omg!  That is one beautiful gaming cave sir.    That NES cabinet is glorious.  It flirted with me,  got me pregnant, drove me to the hospital to give birth, disappeared to go with someone else and I never asked for a dime of child support from it.  That's how damn beautiful it is.   I love this room.    I love everything about it.  Including the top cubby area where you can easily store bins of games or other things.   Very conveneient :)

I hope when I make my game room it looks like that.  I plan on making mine in my attic.  But I will need to insolate, climate control and electrify it first. 

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2020, 08:40:15 pm »
I am always so jealous of Turf's setup.

I want one of those prefab barns.  My dad had a 10'x20' one built and that would be amazing, but cost.  ::)  not just cost to build but running electricity and keeping it cool is costly to set up and costly to power bills.

BinaryMessiah

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2020, 02:35:14 am »
We have a three-bedroom apartment and my wife and I each have our own office. I have a decently large room. I have a 65" TV along one wall, PC table along another, shelving on the third wall, and the fourth has a half-closet and my Mortal Kombat arcade cabinet. It's well organized with all of my rare games mounted on the walls. When we buy a house in the next 12-18 months I'm going to be looking for a basement of some sort to spread out more. I want more arcades and wall space for shelving as my collection is rapidly expanding. I've acquired over 300 games in the last year alone and I'm seriously challenged with organization as I don't want the feeling of clutter. It's well organized and it's a serious challenge.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2020, 09:47:53 am »
Newest consoles out in the living room. Everything else is in a small second bedroom with my computer. I got it set up so it just takes a few seconds to set up any of my consoles on the 32" i have hanging up. Still got a lot i want to do with that room though  before i can show it off.

Warmsignal

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2020, 07:02:19 pm »
Anyone use the Atlantic media shelf "Elite" from Best Buy? I'm thinking about going with one or a few of those to house most of my games.

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2020, 11:34:21 pm »
My gaming area is divided into two halves:

The TV area:

And the tabletop area:

My games themselves share a spot with my books in my library area.