Author Topic: Question Regarding Images for New Entries  (Read 693 times)

Question Regarding Images for New Entries
« on: February 28, 2020, 11:10:09 am »
I apologize if this is a dumb question, but I just want to make sure it's ok before I start doing this

I've read the style guide for making new entries, but is it ok to use images from other sites that aren't yours if the image is of good quality?
For instance, I was considering making some entries, including one for the 1080 Snowboarding Not For Resale cart, but there are less than a dozen available and I...do not have it, meaning I can't take pictures of it. However, there are some images online that fit the bill minus that from what I can tell (namely this one https://image.gamevaluenow.com/n64/1080_nfr.jpg )

tripredacus

Re: Question Regarding Images for New Entries
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2020, 12:10:17 pm »
That picture is fine.

I'd say 99.999% of the images I put on entries are from other websites. Just make sure that the picture is of the item itself and does not include things besides it. For example, if it is cart art, the picture for that should just be of the cart, not the card inside of a tray or with other things in the background. Front should be front, not front and spine, back should be back, etc. Also no watermarks.

Re: Question Regarding Images for New Entries
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2020, 12:54:52 pm »
Fair enough then, I guess that answers my question :)