Author Topic: What’s the best blu ray movie you own?  (Read 2826 times)

What’s the best blu ray movie you own?
« on: February 29, 2020, 09:44:11 am »
I’m partial to my copy of Napoleon Dynamite.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

Re: What’s the best blu ray movie you own?
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2020, 10:36:29 am »
Best:
Alien 35th Anniversary Edition - 2 cuts of the film, special features, promotional art cards, and a reprint of the original comic (also got it for like $10 brand new)
Alita: Battle Angel - I like the behind the scenes material included. It really shows this was a passion project

For fun the worst I have are the two  Eden of the East movies because for some reason the folks at Funimation while they put the series in a standard Blu-ray case, some jackhole there decide that the best cases for the movies that continue and conclude the story should be standard DVD cases and the second movie (Paradise Lost has one of the flimsiest disc holder inserts i have seen that aren't just digipak sleeves held together by tape

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2020, 10:51:08 am »
The MCU Phase One Collector’s Box Set signed by Stan Lee.  This is the set that looks like the tesseract case.

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2020, 12:00:20 pm »
The MCU Phase One Collector’s Box Set signed by Stan Lee.  This is the set that looks like the tesseract case.

Very nice. I have a DVD of Back to the Future signed by Christopher Lloyd and Michael J. Fox.

Since this thread is specifically about Blu Ray though, I'll have to say The Last Unicorn, and the reason is it finally looks good. The DVD release was actually worse quality than VHS.

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2020, 04:44:56 pm »
I think the only Blu-ray movie I own is The Warriors.

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2020, 08:31:34 am »
Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World.

tripredacus

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2020, 09:37:09 am »
I use Tron Legacy for speaker testing.

tidus79

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2020, 05:26:24 am »
Jaws Collector's Edition

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2020, 09:58:17 pm »
Titanic, because ships sink.  All ships sink.   Name one ship, above the age of 100 years old.  That didn't sink, attempt to sink at one point during it's life or is currently in the process of sinking.  Are all boats, ships and the like not in a perpetual cycle of sinking?   Even when afloat, they try to sink.  Just you do all kinds of extra leg work to deliberately keep them from it.  It's like they wanna go under.  It's every boat's dream to sink.   Just kind of hinder their freedom.   Until a good ol' gust comes, rips a sail off.  Tsunami?  Torpedo?  Hole in the bow?   Oh yes... she's sinking my friend.   Boats are like all humans.   Only being faithful to you during fair weather,  once their is a hiccup,  a wave in the sea,  a painful moment.   A moment where you gotta hunker down and show grit and loyalty.   She's snapped in half like a cheap popsicle stick and you're on a life boat shooting signal flares at a giant boat trying to be saved by 300 pound icelandic, unbathed lobster fisherman. 

Life is nothing but a sinking ship,  and it's called relationship because ships sink.  We are all jack.  Titanic is a euphamism for life.

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2020, 03:58:23 pm »
You mean other than the USS Constitution which is famously a couple of hundred years old?

Also,

« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 04:01:05 pm by Cartagia »

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2020, 02:19:57 am »
You mean other than the USS Constitution which is famously a couple of hundred years old?

Also,

It has attempted to sink before, humans go through great efforts to keep it afloat.  All boats are inevitably going to sink, some just take longer to do so.

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2020, 06:02:00 am »
Godfather, it's one of my fav movies of all times