Author Topic: Is Coronavirus going to crash the video game market?  (Read 2393 times)

sworddude

Re: Is Coronavirus going to crash the video game market?
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2020, 06:11:41 pm »
it's temporarily going to crash the normal economic market and not because of the people that are sick.

Moreso that even countries with few cases take measurements to prevent it. keeping people at home to work from there only have the essential ones at work. meetings with only few people at a time if not preferable with skype etc only.

As a result with work being tougher and people being scared of the corona virus, big companies have way less customers so at the very end of the day less profits wich means stocks not doing to hot in wich corona virus is only the starting point that got that whole ball rolling.

As far as videogames go, I don't think that will crash moreso that less stuff will sell during corona. Maybe some people that need to raise cash sell it for cheap but if a crash is going to happen it's only for the short term.

If people have more free time in terms of modern games sales could see an increase. Maybe a larger increase in digital sales compared to physical.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

mark1982

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2020, 11:49:50 pm »
Sort of related. The Turbo Grax 16 mini has been delayed.
Factory shut down?  What happened? 
I guess I could google it.
China isn't producing anything right now.

Limited Run Games production has been delayed as well till further notice, saw their blog post with titles affected and dates being pushed back.

So I would believe that everything gaming related coming out of china is taking a hit, especially any box sets or collector's editions with things made in China.
  l    l 

Warmsignal

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2020, 11:03:09 pm »
I know I'm even a bit apprehensive of going out, and have considered not buying any more games, in particular ordering anything from who knows where to bring directly into my house. I want to limit my interaction in public spaces where it's not necessary. Not so much because I'm afraid to catch it, but more-so that I'm afraid I could possibly spread it to family members who are at much greater health risk if they contracted it. I feel like game collecting can wait, so I'm not so laser focused on it right now. I have a feeling a lot of others might feel the same. If so, yes it'll have some impact.