Author Topic: The Tiger handheld games are being revived. GOD HELP US ALL!  (Read 2110 times)

Seriously, WHAT IDIOT THOUGHT THAT WAS A GOOD IDEA?!!

Re: The Tiger handheld games are being revived. GOD HELP US ALL!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2020, 10:00:42 pm »
They are nostalgic, even if they weren't good lol Like a part of me wouldn't mind having one again to put up on a shelf for display, like the Transformers one in particular looks great in black, but I can't see myself actually buying one.

sonicfan53

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2020, 12:55:41 am »
I honestly want the Sonic 3 one.

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2020, 02:16:14 am »
You really don’t........

sonicfan53

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2020, 04:07:45 am »
yes I do

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2020, 08:45:28 am »
 Would rather play an Atari 2600/VCS or an original Gameboy game game rather than a tiger handheld game to be honest
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

tripredacus

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2020, 12:10:46 pm »
No way am I interested, I don't think I will bother. I have the Baseball game from when I was in high school, and that's good enough for me. Collectors will certainly like it.

fladechen

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2020, 12:34:07 pm »
I don't mind that they're bringing those handhelds back. I'm not sure it's a smart move though, but I don't know much about business anyway. Does nostalgia for the sake of nostalgia pays off? Or it'd be better if Hasbro upgraded the handheld games with something modern [although basic] like rechargeable batteries? I don't know. :P

sonicfan53

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2020, 07:41:21 pm »
At this one retro game store, I saw the Sonic 2 LCD game.

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2020, 09:13:41 pm »
Honestly the dumbest part of these coming back was making the GameStop exclusive.  That company may be bankrupt by the time they release.

sonicfan53

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2020, 05:12:46 am »
Well, people will just put them up on Amazon/eBay, right?

Warmsignal

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2020, 10:50:19 pm »
I find it hard to believe they're even nostalgic. This is a part of the past that nobody misses. Cheap, headache inducing knock-off products at best. The Angry Video Game Nerd episode on these is one that start holds up in particular, because it's a product that deserves to be mercilessly ripped into. I'd be shocked if these things aren't on clearance within 3 - 4 months. It's a terrible waste of time and money to do this.

sonicfan53

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2020, 04:14:58 am »
Am I seriously the only person who thinks they're good?

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2020, 08:57:49 am »
I find it hard to believe they're even nostalgic. This is a part of the past that nobody misses. Cheap, headache inducing knock-off products at best. The Angry Video Game Nerd episode on these is one that start holds up in particular, because it's a product that deserves to be mercilessly ripped into. I'd be shocked if these things aren't on clearance within 3 - 4 months. It's a terrible waste of time and money to do this.

The price is going to be the killer.  $15?  For this?  You'll get your early nostalgia hounds and that is it.  Look at what you can get for $15 nowadays.  The Wither 3, Horizon: Zero Dawn, and the list just goes on.  Heck, even Amiibos have some aesthetic value at least.

Am I seriously the only person who thinks they're good?

I mean, probably?  Even the ones I have nostalgia for, I recognize that they are not good.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 08:59:26 am by Cartagia »

sonicfan53

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2020, 09:24:11 am »
I mean, probably?  Even the ones I have nostalgia for, I recognize that they are not good.
Oof.